Monday, May 17, 2010

24 Frogs

"It's not 'Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince.' Really it should be 'Sometime you have to throw a few frogs violently against a wall in order to find a prince' but I have a feeling that phrase wouldn't catch on." ~ Unknown angry girl on another blog


For those of you expecting a Bay to Breakers/San Francisco update....they are coming. And trust me...they will be worth the wait! Stay tuned for tomorrow when I'm less exhausted and (hopefully) less sore!

I hate frogs. Always have. When I was a kid there was a pond on our land where irrigation water would drain. In the summer, you would hear hundreds of frogs at night down by the pond. A statistic I heard today gave me a nightmarish flashback to that.



The average American woman dates 24 men before she finds Mr. Right...#25. I'm just saying, that's a lot of frogs to kiss before finding the prince! And think, that's the average--meaning that theoretically half of the women in America had to date MORE than 25 to get the right one.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want to get married tomorrow, but for crying out loud....if I have to date 24 of them between now and the rock on my finger, this could be a problem. I talked to one of my Oklahoma Girls about this.....we fear that we are very behind! We better start dating up a storm in order to have enough frogs out of the way when the prince comes along! So if you know of a good frog, you may need to send him my way....


So, blog readers, what do you think about this? Can this statistic accurate?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still not happy about this

Lyndse

Laura said...

It's comforting that someone else thinks about the same things I do. A few weeks ago I was wondering the same thing, but this week I am back to enjoying my own company and that of my friends and family. Today, I'm not worrying about the number of frogs. If I'm meant to have a prince on my life, he'll show up. I'm confident I'll recognize him if I meet him. But maybe there wont be one and that's ok too. I'll live life on my terms, spending time with the people I love, doing the things I enjoy. No one needs someone just to have someone.

Tiffany said...

I love it, Laura! I had a similar conversation in San Francisco with a friend last weekend and I agreed--if it's meant to be then great. If not (and obviously for some people it's not), then whatever, I'm going to live my life and have a great time! So glad to know you feel the same way!

Kristin said...

Think of it this way... you'll know what you want and don't want from your partner and you will have found who you are first before trying to be 100 things to another person! You will be an individual in a partnership versus a comibined blob of a relationship that can't define where one ends and the other begins! (Sorry if I offend anyone if that's what they think marriage should be - just my opinion)

And who says kissing "24" frogs might not be fun in the meantime! :)

Tiffany said...

Love it, Kristin! I think your opinion is exactly the kind of thing that people getting into relationship should think about!