"A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence." ~Pam Brown
Well this blog is going to be quick....because I'm off this morning to check off a bucket list item that I've been dreaming about since I was 5 years old......stay tuned to hear more about that next week!
Anyway, I love horse racing. So, that meant that last week I was glued to my tv watching the Breeder's Cup held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. I think that racehorse owners, trainers, grooms and jockeys are just like everyone involved in the livestock industry....we just all own different animals. But we are proud of the work we do, we take care of our animals, and we enjoy our way of life.
Back to the Breeder's Cup...in the mile turf race, Goldikova ran a beautiful race, coming from behind to win. And the owners and fans in the stand were going crazy. But my favorite celebration was the Goldikova groom running along the dirt next to the turf track. This video pretty much caputres the love that people in the ag industry have for our animals and our way of life.




No comments:
Post a Comment