This is one of those girly blogs that Cousin Kevin will not like. Fair warning.
I feel the need to just give a little tip to all of you boys out there. Guys say that girls are complicated, so I figure that some honest advice might help to dispel this notion. This situation appears to happen rather frequently, at least to me, so I figure maybe boys just have never been told to knock it off. So, I'm telling you all now....knock it off. (To give you a visual, here is a photo of me lecturing Cousin Swiss Mister about who knows what with my "knock it off" face).

I'm sure that in some deep, dark, twisted part of the male brain, he feels like saying this is flattering to the old girl. I'm sure that he think she should appreciate the fact that when he is looking for a girlfriend, he looks for someone who reminds him of the old girl.
Yea.....it's not flattering. It's annoying. You are basically saying, "I like certain things about you so much that I want to date someone with those qualities---but I don't wnat to date you because I clearly don't like EVERYTHING about you." No girl wants to hear that.
So even if you find some new girlfriend who you'd swear was the twin sister of the old girl, separated at birth, don't tell her that the new girl reminds you of her.
Save your breath and buy her a drink or some pie instead. Now that's flattering.




3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I cannot believe people would actually do that. Guys just don't get it!
Who should I beat up??
Meghan--right? They just don't get it! Thanks for reading and for your comment! :)
Met--no need to beat any one up. Yet. :)
Post a Comment