Sunday, February 27, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 8

First off, can you believe that we just finished the 8th week of the year? And that on Tuesday, it's March? It feels like yesterday we were just ringing in the New Year! Anyway, with that....here are this week's photos.

Theme: Upstairs/Downstairs
I saw this theme coming up when I first started this project and knew right away that I had to go to the Loretto Chapel for this photo. You've seen other shots here and here. After sorting through my pictures, I decided I liked this one best--you can't see as much of the staircase itself, but I love the light shining through the stain glass window. To read more about the miraculous staircase in the photo, click here.
Theme: Valentine's Day
Not going to lie, when this theme got announced, I groaned. I'm over Valentine's Day. Fortunately I still had a good shot of the cupcakes that the Blonde Oklahoma Girl made for our dinner party (and you can read about it on her blog by clicking here). These may just be the most photographed cupcakes ever....remember last week?
Theme: Spirit
I had to do a lot of thinking on this one to figure out what I would shoot. Then when I noticed this statue on my way into church, I knew that the dove would be perfect, as it represents the Holy Spirit.

Theme: Winter Wonderland
When I was at Oklahoma State last week, I headed to Theta Pond to take some pictures. Turns out, part of the pond was frozen over from the epic snowstorm that hit the week before. So while some ducks were swimming, others were walking around on the ice probably wondering what the heck was going on!

Theme: Habakkuk 3:19

As soon as I read the verse for this week, I knew a picture of the mountains would be prefect to symbolize the "heights." Be sure to go over and check out all of the other takes on this verse from far more artistic people than me!

Theme: Yellow
This week's Happy Monday prompt was yellow. Even though you guys saw this photograph last week, I knew that I had to link it up for this theme. I think it's the perfect shade of yellow.....and that this was the perfect prompt for Happy Monday! Check out the other entries here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winter Wonderland is my favorite of this group! Poor ducks - do you think their feet get cold?

-College Roomie

Tiffany said...

Thanks, friend! So funny you ask that---I actually took a picture of their feet and plan to call it "cold feet" at some point in a challenge! :)