Theme: Fair

I snapped this shot during the New Mexico Bred Steer show. This show is only for cattle that were bred and born in New Mexico. The champion won the belt buckle and banner you see here. It was a great show this year---and for the first time, we had a steer showing. He ended up 2nd place behind the Reserve Grand Champion, so we were really cited.
Theme: Reflections (Quotography)
I read this quote last week and although I'm not totally sure it fits with "reflections" I loved it so much I'm using it anyway becuase I think it's close. On Saturday morning I woke up to the sound of a hot air balloon outside my window and ran out to catch this shot. I thought it went well with the quote. Check out the other entries at My Perspective.Theme: Show Off Your Shot
This picture was also from the NM Bred Steer show, jut a different angle and with the ribbons instead of the banners. I realize that a lot of people go to a fair and never watch a junior livestock show, but for me, this is what the fair is all about. 4-H and FFA are such great programs, and I do not think there is any part of them better than showing as far as the lessons that kids learn from them. I'm so grateful to have been a part of it myself and enjoy the chance to give back now by helping out at the State Fair with shows like this. To see all of the other shots entered, check out And Then She Snapped!Theme: Blue Violet (Project 64)

I was so excited on Saturday morning to see that the hot air balloon that woke me up had the perfect color in it for this weeks' challenge! See the other entires here.




6 comments:
I want to wake up with a hot air balloon outside my window. Actually, I just want to ride in a hot air balloon.
Love that quote. I would much rather have "Oh wells" than "What if's".
BOKG
your quotography is awesome this week. nicely done. kaye—the road goes ever ever on
love, Love, LOVE your hot air balloon pics for P64 and Quotography! Also love the quote you paired with one of the shots. Great words to live by.
Visiting from both Quotography and P64.
So at first I totally thought you were talking about the state fair with rides. I'm so looking forward to that!!
Great quote! I completely agree!
lovely hot air balloon photos!
Post a Comment