Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 37

Here we have another photo post a few days late.....but again, I have a good excuse. I was busy seeing some of my favorite family members, one of my best friends, and watching my Cowboys kick some Aggie booty at Kyle Field! I'll have a post on that manana. For now, here are this week's photos....as always, I love to hear which are your favorites! :)



Theme: Trees



I snapped this picture in Tennessee a couple of weeks back specifically for this theme. I absolutely love this little country road all ined with trees. Sigh. Pictures like this make me think of that John Denver song, "Take Me Home, Country Road." Love it. See the other entries over at Live Every Moment!



Theme: Sunset



Apparently we have a Tennessee theme going here today. I shot this picture in Cousin Swiss Mister's parents' front yard. I thought it was cool how different the sunset was in the south than from out west, but it's beautiful all the same.



Theme: A Sign



And here we have our first picture from the weekend. As I mentioned, I was in College Station to watch the Oklahoma State v. Texas A&M game at Kyle Field. I'm here to tell you that this is an amazing venue to watch college football in. If you get the chance to go---go! Especially when your team makes a crazy awesome comeback and wins. :)



Theme: Show Off Your Shot



And our football pictures continue. :) I had lots of great shots of the game and the stadium, but I chose this one because I think it is a great shot to show how HUGE the stadium is. Look how little the players look in comparison to the stadium. It was awesome. To see the other shots entered this week, visit And Then She Snapped.



Theme: Time (Quotography)




I fell in love with a Brad Paisley song called "Time Well Wasted" from several years ago that I just came across this week. I absolutely love the song and that line! I paired it up with a picture of Little Brother on the lake this summer. I think it's perfect. Check out the other Quotography entries here!




Theme: Bittersweet (Project 64)


I went the New Mexico route for this week's Project 64 color. I thought this chile ristra (dried red chiles strung together) was the perfect color. This is one of the key elements of fall in the southwest! See the other entires at Project 64.


Speaking of Project 64....we have BREAKING NEWS!! Thanks to all of you who voted for me, my hot air balloon photo was selected photo of the month! Thanks so much, guys! Y'all are the best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ristra picture! And the one of Kyle Field reminds me of Friday Night Lights. Congratulations on your win in the photo of the month competition. You earned that - that photo was awesome. In my completely unbiased opinion, of course. :)

-College Roomie

Lisa said...

Oooo...love the sunset shot! It's lovely. The *wasting time* capture is wonderfully illustrated. I'd love to be floating in river on a warm summer day. And you captured P64 bittersweet wonderfully.

Visiting from Qutotography and Project 64

Tara said...

Great shots, love your sunset shot and your tree shot is wonderful.

kaye said...

I love time well wasted . . . kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Ohhh I love me some Brad Paisley!