Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 39

First off, it's BFF's birthday today!! He does not have a blog or facebook, but if you know him in real life, be sure to tell him happy birthday (and if you're in College Station, buy him a drink!) Here is a little shot of us 6 years ago today on his 21st birthday. Wish we were all still in Stillwater so we could celebrate birthdays together like the good ol' days!


Second, thank you guys for your sweet comments and emails about yesterday's post. It always amazes me how we all go through the same things and that by sharing something helpful to me, I can manage to help other people too. I love that about blogging!



Third, I'm happy to announce that Holly is the winner of my Fall in New Mexico giveaway! Yay, Holly! She's a NM girl who is in college at Auburn, so she'll probably fully appreciate the NM flare! Be sure to visit her over at Hey, Hey Holly.


Anyway, I've pretty much accepted that Sunday posts are a thing of the past and Tuesdays are becoming the official photo day! I'm going to confess that none of these photos were taken this week (hard to take pictures when you're at work until after mid-night) but I they were all taken this year, so I didn't break any self-imposed rules.


As always, I'd love to hear which picture is YOUR favorite!


Theme: Anything (Quotography)


I love "anything" week over at Quotography. It always means awesome pictures and amazing quotes. So be sure you check it out! This picture was from my trip two weekends ago to the Oklahoma State v. Texas A&M game in college station. I found this quote by the legendary Bear Bryant and knew it was perfect. I realize this is not the kind of picture that will win any awards, but if you're a college football fan, I think you'll enjoy it! Oh...and Go Pokes!


Theme: Show Off Your Shot

As you guys that follow my blog might guess, this photo came from my trip last month to Tennessee. I made Cousin Swiss Mister load up in the car to take me for some bbq, and then made him stop so that I could photograph every horse, cow and barn in Tennessee. This is totally oen of my favorite shots from the trip. There was a whold herd of cows that didn't care much for me taking their pictures and headed behind the barn, but this lady struck a pose instead! To see the other shots from people this week, visit And Then She Snapped!


Theme: Periwinkle (Project 64)


I knew as soon as I saw this color that I wanted to use this picture. I took this at the lake back home while we were water skiing over the Fourth of July. I love the blue sky and the way that it fades from darker blue up high to lighter blue along the horizon. Surely one of the shades in the progression is Periwinkle, huh? See the other photos at Project 64!


Theme: A Photo of a Pet

Was there ever any doubt that I would use a farm animal for this theme? No, I didn't think so. This beauty lives behind Cousin Swiss Mister's parents' house in Tennessee and he was quite curious what I was doing out there with a camera. When I first saw horses just beyond the back yard, Cousin Swiss Mister informed me they were Tennessee Walking Horses. FYI--they were not. Jerkface. But they were still beautiful anyway! To see the other pet photos, visit Allie's blog for A Photo Challenge!


Theme: Tools


I wasn't sure I would have a photo for this theme, but then I remembered taking pictures of some old equiptment when I was home earlier this year. I came across this photo of part of an old wagon and thought it would work perfect. I'm a sucker for old timey stuff!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the cow with the red barn. And the wagon. Good job!

-College Roomie

Codi M-D said...

Great pictures! The one of the horse made me laugh. Once when my dad had gone to this lady's house to shoe her horses he asked her hired hand to get the "Walking Horse" meaning the Tennessee Walker that her husband used for hunting with some kind of dogs. Hired Hand looks confused and tells my dad "But Thomas, they are all 'walking' horses" He took it as the literal meaning...lol

Jan n Jer said...

I like the horse as well..looks like he is getting ready to talk!!!

Unknown said...

I love all your photos, especially the horse!! Visiting from project 64. Great match for periwinkle!