Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday #16

"Your journey is unfolding exactly as it should be." ~Pinterest

Well Wednesday means we're halfway through another week. Hallelujah! I'm linking up with Jamie again this week to share some things that I'm loving.

1. Loud Oklahoma Girl has officially asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Holla! Best part--we get to pick our own dresses so long as they are teal/turquoise and short. So....who has suggestions!?!? Seriously, y'all...we know I'm fashion challenged!

2. This song, called Ring, by the Casey Donahew Band. BFF's baby brother introduced it to me when we hung out back in OK a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it. And BFF's baby brother has been informed to brush up on this song because if I ever have a wedding one day, he will be playing it! Favorite line: "You're still with me. All those memories, from our first kiss to me down here on my knee."

3. Mr. and Mrs. Chocolate Brown's Chocolate Cake. When I was in Oklahoma for work a month ago, I got to spend some quality time with my dear, adorable friends Mr. and Mrs. Chocolate Brown. And they made me a chocolate cake that was To. Die. For. Y'all have to try this.
A couple weeks ago I blogged about fashion. Today, I'm sharing a recipe. Who are you and what have you done with Tiffany? Listen--if something is easy to make and healthy (relatively) I'm all for it. This is the best chocolate cake, I mean I'm seriously in love. And the best part is that it has no butter or oil. Check it out.

Mr. and Mrs. Chocolate Brown Chocolate Cake


1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS

In blender mix:
¾ cup water
½ cup frozen blueberries
1 egg
STIR DRY INGREDIENTS INTO WET INGREDIENTS

Bake at 350 degrees in an 8x8 pan for about 30 minutes.



Frosting: Mix 1 cup frozen whipped topping and ½ cup chocolate chips. Microwave on 50 percent power for about 1 minute. Cool about 5 minutes pour over cake.

4. Lent started today, which means I'll be kicking off my morning at Ash Wednesday Mass. It also means that I will be having no chocolate until Easter. (Ironic that #3 involved making a chocolate cake...). Of course, it also is an important time of reflection and repentance, which I wrote about last year.


This year, I plan on doing a reflection called The 7 Last Words of Christ, which I'm really excited about. I also plan on watching the Catholocism DVD set that my dear ND Friend gave me.....please note she basically stars in it. Okay, well Jesus really stars in it and ND Friend is not actually on the screen, but she did all the behind the scenes work, so that makes her a star in my book. And I'll be making sure that EVERY morning I do my devotional before I leave for work. Every. Single. Morning. No excuses.


5. Making travel plans. Y'all....I've got travel fever BAD. Here's what I've got lined up so far. March: Chicago; April: Stillwater; May: Vegas; June: Dallas; July: Tulsa. And the big news is an amazing tropical vacation that I'm in the midst of planning with two of my favorite people! Stay tuned for details on that one...



6. This song called Waiting for Tomorrow by Mandesa. Favorite line: "Can't live my whole life wastin' all the grace that I know you've given cause you've made me for so much more than sittin' on the side lines."

7. This great blog written by Blonde Oklahoma Girl about guys being gentlemen. Love love love it.

8. My friend Flintstone. He reads my blog (allegedly every day, but I'm not sure I buy that) and he requested a "heartfelt note" this week. So...here we go.


Dear Flintstone, I think that it's safe to say we've got one of those friendships that's a forever thing. Ten years ago, I don't think anyone would have guessed that the goody-goody, straight A student and the crazy party animal would hit it off like we did. And here we are....we've been through good and bad and really bad. Football rivalries, weddings, law school acceptance letters, broken hearts. There have been tears and yelling and times I have wanted to strangle you....but through it all you've always been there for me. Thanks for being you. And for being my friend. I love you, buddy!



That's as freaking heartfelt as it gets around here, folks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Ring too!!! Stillwater in April...hmmm wonder what might be going on then?!- Micca

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm super stoked to have you in my wedding!! Can't wait to see your face! As for fashion tips I am right in line with you when it comes to fashion. So, if your looking for tips my suggestion would be BOKG. She is the stylist of the wedding you know :) She has given me some AWESOME ideas and fashion tips for the wedding so far! I have the best looking friends so you will look AMAZING I know it!

~LOKG

Domesticated-Bliss said...

Lot's of good stuff in this post! I'm giving up my snooze button for Lent this year and reading The Purpose Driven Life since it's 40 days long too :)

Stephen said...

Good luck with giving up chocolate for Lent... I wasn't able to get to Mass (long story; suffice it to say it IS a really good excuse), although that might have kind of worked out all to the good since I felt double penitent, and have wound up giving up both chocolate AND alcohol. We're 4 days in and I'm not sure I'm going to make it!