"Don’t shrink down the magic inside your soul to fit the small minds of people who can’t comprehend your uniqueness!" ~The Single Woman
1. Kip Moore's song, "Hey Pretty Girl." Could this be any cuter? I said this on Facebook last week, but I would seriously marry this guy if he sang me this song...hippie hat and all!
Favorite line: "Hey pretty girl let's build some dreams. A house on a piece of land. Plant some roots and some apple trees. Hey pretty girl let's' build some dreams". Yes. Let's. Where do I meet this guy??
2. Today is my Friday. Woo hoo!! Tomorrow I'm headed to Vegas for Little Brother's wedding weekend! Y'all should probaby say a prayer for Vegas--they have no idea what's coming in the next two days when my crazy family and our friends invade!
3. A famous person thinks I'm fun! Do y'all remember a couple of years ago when I met Alex Weeden at Calf Fry? He would be the lead guitarist for Miranda Lambert and former lead singer of Honeybrowne. (Texas Angel, anyone???) Anyhow--he's married to one of Loud Oklahoma Girls' friends. When they were talking about whether they could go to LOKG's wedding, he asked, "Will her lawyer friend be there? That girl was really fun!" I was so flattered!
I don't really see myself as being "fun" in group situations like this when I meet new people.I think of myself as being pretty average and as a person who sort of blends in when in these type of situations, so the fact that someone famous remembered me and thought I was fun? Um....could I have gotten a better compliment? Favorite musician ever has officially been solidified. (PS---please come to the wedding!)
4. My hair appointment. I'm kicking today with spin class and then an appointment with Miss Texas to get my hair done. Seriously, getting my hair fixed makes me feel like a new person! I'm in the process of growing it out for the two weddings I'm in this summer, but even just a trim will make things better!
5. OSU represented in the NFL Draft! Last week we had two players go in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft. We all knew Justin Blackmon would go first round and probably top 10. He ended up going #5 to the Jacksonville Jaguires. My love for Blackmon only continued when I learned that he arranged for a 10 year old girl with cancer, who he met during a visit last year to the hosptial in Stillwater and has remained in contact with, to fly out for the draft with him. Good work, #81! Good work. The big surprise was Brandon Weeden--our 28 year old quarterback--going in the mid-first round. Everyone waws pretty sure he would be drafted, but most analysts though late second or third round. Well forget that, the Browns stepped up and took him #22. The question now becomes--will it be Weeden or McCoy starting at QB? I want to share a sign that some kid made years ago when McCoy was the quarterback at Texas and playing at OSU.....
It says, "Colt McCoy likes fishsticks better than football." Um....yea, I have no idea what that means. Team Weeden!
6. I can pick 'em. In other football related news, it was announced last week that true freshman Wes Lunt would be starting for Oklahoma State come the fall. Please recall that when I was at the spring game, I went down on the field after to take pictures with the players. Most people flocked to J.W. Walsh, another QB candidate, but not this girl. Nope.....I went straight for Lunt knowing he would be the star. Clearly Gundy and I are on the same page about him. He should probably hire me as an assistant. Who has his phone number??
~ the smell of sawdust and revive~
a big hug after a bad day~
getting a card in the mail~
boys winking (particularly at me)~
reading blogs and non-fiction books~
STILLWATER and OSU~
a guy wearing Tommy cologne~
red dirt music~
the occasional limee at the Penny~
cookie dough anything~
San Francisco ~
going to church~
my crazy family~
my best friends who are always there for me no matter what!
"You can't go through life and think that if you do your makeup and wear short skirts, that your priorities are straight. You have to put some pants on, pull your hair back, and get to work!" ~Mr. Franklin
I am thankful every single day for the love and support from the people in my life. They say it takes a village to raise a child...it took more than that for me, and I will be forever grateful!