"Happiness is not a matter of good fortune or worldly possessions. It's a mental attitude. It comes from appreciating what we have, instead of being miserable about what we don't have. It's so simple, yet so hard for the human mind to comprehend."
~ Bits and Pieces
Happy Wednesday to you! This means that we are halfway through this crazy week I'm having and getting closer to the freakin' weekend by the minute! Today, I'm sharing a few things I'm loving with What I'm Loving Wednesday.
1. This picture that Mama Rock posted of her precious baby girl. Um....perfection. That's just all there is to it. If only I looked this cute when I was running, or wearing a swim suit, or just ever, really. She makes my day.
2. The hilarious comments I got about my mom's request to have a blog written about her oil being changed, after this blog got my dad to fix the windchimes that she had been on him about for months. I mean I had people from like 4 different countries worried about her car! For those of you who are concerned, said oil has been changed. Good job, Dad.
3. I've found two "potential future wedding songs" in the last few weeks. I think both are beyond adorable.
First, we have Surprisingly So by Amy Seeley. How cute, right?
Second, we have Nothing Fancy by Dave Barnes. Melt. My. Heart. I love it!
Now if I could just find a potential future husband (or two, you know in case one didn't work out), we'd be all set!
4. My new t-shirt. Check it.
Oh, do I ever. I miss everything about it. Everyone wearing orange, the bells ringing on library lawn, parties at the Animal House, every house in town serving drinks in Eskimo Joe's cups, even the stupid hot, humid summer weather! No lie my dream job would be something that would let me end up back in Stillwater, have season football tickets, go to my favorite church every Sunday and stay forever. For now, I've got the shirt.
5. This idea. It's called a memory bank--like a piggy bank but instead of saving change you save sentimental items like notes, concert tickets, movie stubs, etc. I'm not paying the $65 that this one costs, but I might just design my own! How fun would it be to look back through the contents in 50 years?
6. Last Saturday night. I got to hang out with my cousins....we did dinner at Elephant Bar (LOVE their citrus chicken salad!) and then I channelled my inner 10 year old and hit up the water park. Boogie boarding, water slides, lazy river, loved it! We rapped the evening up by watching a little karaoke (couldn't get anyone to sing with me....I was up for it after what was the karaoke experience of a lifetime in San Francisco!) at the hotel bar.
Soldiers Angel: My Final Box
1 week ago