Bella Spur Photo Contest
First things first, my friend Miss Canada's company, Bella Spur, is having an agriculture photo contest. I entered two of my favorite photos:
If you have facebook, I would LOVE your votes! To vote for little cowboy "Feeding Cows" just click here and then click "like" on the bottom left of the picture. To vote for my dad and brother "Headin' Home" just click here and then click "like" on the bottom left of the picture.
![]() |
| Feedin' Cows |
![]() |
| Headin' Home |
Piano Man
At my family reunion last weekend (blogs about that to come soon!), my 86 year old Great Uncle sat down and played the piano for about an hour. This man has a gift--so much that when someone in the house reported to the pool that "Great Uncle is playing piano" everyone made a bee-line for the house, where we all sat around and listened to him play. It was the best part of the day for sure. I snapped several photos, but I think this one is my favorite. I'm linking it up with Shoot, Edit, Submit.
Generations
I've apparently got a thing for hands lately. At LOKG's wedding, we were sitting in the room waiting for things to get started and I glanced over and her grandma had taken her hand. It was just for a second, but it was so beautiful that I knew I had to capture it on camera. I feel like this is one of those "a picture is worth a thousand words" kind of shots. I'm linking it to Black and White Wednesdays and Sweet Shot Tuesday.
Walkin' Along The Fence Line
The next couple of pictures are ones that I took a while back, but somehow managed not to get them off of my camera onto the computer. I love this shot of our north windmill along the fence line. Wade Bowen would be proud (sidenote...I would have bet my right arm that this was a Stoney LaRue song....am I crazy?). I'm linking this one up with Rural Journal for Sunday Best.
Dog Days of Summer
This is my parents' dog, Dollar, doing what he does best during the summer months. I'm pretty sure farm dogs think that stock tanks are their own personal swimming pools. Rough life he leads! Linking up with Show Off Your Shot!
Time Lapse
I was pretty pumped when I realized I had taken a couple of time lapse photos. The ones on the left was snapped last fall after my dad had just planted the wheat. The one on the right was taken this spring as it was just coming up.
Red and Yellow, Black and White, They Are Precious in His Sight
Yes, I know the song is about the little children, but I thought it worked well for this picture of our AI calves too! If you are new to my blog and missed my prior AI posts, be sure you catch up and read Bull Semen and Bonding and The Results.
As always, I love hearing comments about which one is your favorite! Happy Wednesday!












10 comments:
My fav is obviously the one of my granny holding my hand. I just love my Granny so much and this picture brings so much joy and emotion to my heart. Thank you for taking!
Also, I really liked the fence and dog shots! Tiff you are doing such an amazing job taking photos!
~LOKG
"Walking Along the Fenceline" hands down my favorite! Love the pic AND the song!
Love all the pics! I don't know if I could pick a favorite. Nice job!
I LOVE Dollar in the stock tank! Our tanks and cows go out in pastures quite a ways away from our house during the summer, so the dogs don't get their own swimming pool :( But the sprinkler on the lawn, now THAT is a different story! Our Aussie/Collie mix likes to bite at the water and pick the hose up and throw it around so the water goes flying everywhere. I should try to get a picture of that!
Thank you so much for the shout out and contest promo! Love your photos, as always.
These are all wonderful rural shots -- can't really pick a favorite, they are all so wonderful.
Thank you for sharing at YSB this week.
Great rural scenes. I love Dollar in the stock tank - he knows how to keep cool!
I really love the shot of your great uncle playing the piano. I wish I had thought to take one like that of my father's hands when he sat down to play. He passed away a number of years ago--too soon, and I miss those musical hands.
Visiting you from Sunday Best.....Love that show of the fence. The colors are fabulous. Thanks for sharing!
oh my - fabulous shots!
Post a Comment