4 months down, 8 to go. For a short month jammed full of crazy life-changing announcements, I was pretty excited that I accomplished as many 30 by 30 list items as I did. Here's the run down!
#1: Cook 10 new recipes (10/10 completed).
This month I made some black bean and corn quesadillas from the recipe here. These were not only super easy, but they were also super good. I would probably add some avocado and maybe some spinach to try and get some veggies included, but other than that these babies were delicious.
Next, I tried to find a substitute for one of the super unhealthy loves of my life...mac and cheese. I saw this recipe for quinoa and cheese and thought maybe I could make my guilty pleasure a bit healthier. No. Dice. It turned out fine, I ate it, I might even say it was good. It was not, however, anything close to mac and cheese. Anyone who says different is lying. Apparently I was so unimpressed that I forgot to save the recipe. Sorry.
Finally, I made some baked zucchini chips--idea being they taste like friend, but are baked. Although they are not quite like the fried kind, I though these turned out pretty well and that they were quite tasty. I did add an egg to the milk when I was dipping them to try and get the breading to stick better.
Apparently I shot too low in trying to cook 10 new meals, so I'll keep this one going and we'll see how many we can get up to!
#7: Read 24 more books (8/24 completed).
This month I read Fearless by Max Lucado and The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan Philipp Sendkin. You guys saw my report last week.
#8: Send my friends little gifts once a month (4/12 completed).
Since it was February, I decided it was the perfect month to make these long distance friendship mugs that have little red hearts on them. So I went to Target and got some super cheap white mugs, one black and one red sharpie, and I was off. You just draw the state where you live on one cup and where your friend lives on another. Then I added in a quote on the back of each of the cups I'll be sending to my friends because y'all know I love me a good quote. Once the drawing is all done, you pop the mugs in the oven for 45 minutes--this makes it where the marker will not wash off--and you're done! Easy peasy.
I decided to include a little candy in each mug in honor of Valentine's Day. I ended up with two mugs headed to Oklahoma and two to Illinois. I think they turned out pretty darn well. Except for one little hiccup that left the shape of Oklahoma in red permanent marker on my computer screen. Yea.....lesson learned there!
#9: Eat in 10 new restaurants (5/10 completed).
Once again, a trip to College Station checked two more of these babies off the list. First, Mrs. BFF and I had a great lunch at Blue Baker. Awesome salads, brick oven pizzas, sandwiches, etc. They also apparently have great cookies and cupcakes, but since I gave up sweets for Lent, I had to pass. Then before heading out for a crazy night at Hurricane Harry's, we headed to a bbq joint in Bryan called J. Cody. Y'all. I'm glad to be moving to College Station just for this place. They have a side bar. All you can eat sides like creamed corn, cabbage, green beans, potato salad, cole slaw, homemade corn bread....this girl was in Heaven.
#24: Finally buy a duvet.
Ever since I had THE most comfy duvet ever in life when I lived in San Francisco, I knew I wanted one of my own. But I just couldn't find a cover I really liked. But it finally happened just in time for the new bed I plan to get for my hew house, I found this baby. I absolutely love everything about it! So, I've ordered the cover, bought a down comforter, and I'm in business.
![]() |
| Photo via JCP.com |
#29: Buy myself a bouquet of flowers once a month (4/12 completed).
This month, I went with my very favorite flowers, tulips. Red. They just make me smile. I took a picture of them, but left my camara at my parents' house last weekend so I can't upload it. Fail.







10 comments:
Love that duvet!!! So beautiful! maybe I should start a 40 by 40 list because I love the thoughts of having GOALS for new things/accomplishments. Congrats on checking them off (and I may steal...I mean borrow... your mug idea, love it!)
I love that duvet as well! You're kicking butt on your 30 by 30!! Congrats :)
ashleighfaye.blogspot.com
The Duvet is gorgeous! LOVE it! Your house is going to be so well put together :)
I LOVED LOVED LOVED my mug. I drank my coffee in it on both Saturday and Sunday. It makes me feel like you are there drinking coffee with me :)
YAY for you on checking so much off of your list!
~LOKG
I best be getting a mug that has hearts in Texas and New Mexico when you move. Just sayin'...
And we have lots of places to eat before you leave so you're going to have the 10 done in no time.
-College Roomie
You're kicking hiney on your 30 by 30! Way to go :)
Love the duvet! Good job at month 4!
The mugs are so stinking cute! You are quite talented. They look so well done!!! I love love love this idea!
Great job on all of the pinterest recipes! It takes a lot of planning to do all of those!
HIGH FIVE!! So awesome you are completing your goals!
Thanks so much for linking up today with us!
www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com
Love these updates, REALLY love the duvet, Really Really love the mugs! Yay for new homes to decorate! Feel free to shop my Pinterest boards of the dream home decorating that I've been accumulating for "that one day" ;)
Post a Comment