"Nobody knows how things will turn out, that's why they go ahead and play the game...You give it your all and sometimes amazing things happen, but it's hardly ever what you expect.” ~Gennifer Choldenko
One year ago tonight, a group of people met in Oklahoma City so that two of my friends could go on a date to see if they hit it off. That failed. Miserably. Hit it off, they didn't. In the match making department, you win some, you lose some. (Happy to report that they are both now in love with other people and quite happy.)
But on that same night one year ago today, I met this boy. Who almost didn't come on the adventure. He was tall. Kinda quiet. With pretty blue eyes. A very good dancer. And he bought me a Seven and Seven. Or two. He was nice to my friends and humored us by skipping down the street at 2 in the morning. He yelled at the kids making too much noise outside of the hotel where we were staying. He survived a football game with my incessant screaming and jumping around. Oh and he smelled good. The weekend ended and we went our separate ways.
Fast forward 6 months. The following conversation occurred:
Me: "Well that almost sounded like you were trying to ask me out."
This boy: "Well that's exactly what I'm trying to do if you'd stop talking and let me do it."
Funny the difference a year can make.






9 comments:
Ha! We feel Ty's pain. How many times in your 29 years have we told you, "Stop talking and listen"?
Your Mama
CUTE CUTE CUTE you both are! Love your love story :) Also, I am very glad that I was apart of this relationship from day one lol ;)
~LOKG
This blog just makes me so incredibly happy!!! I can't wait to meet this boy!
This blog just makes me so incredibly happy!!! I can't wait to meet this boy!
How cute! I love that he basically told you to shut up :) This is a GREAT day, as you already know from reading my blog it's our anniversary :) From now on, I'll remember your guys' anniversary of meeting too!
This made my day! Love you, and your incessant talking. Someday I will meet that saint of a man.
-Mrs Arizona
I LOVE this. so funny, I just thought that the other day, LIFE always changes so much in one year. My motto has always been think how life could be different next year. My life did a 180 in 18 months - new city, new husband, new career path :)
The year is the best measuring unit. Tomorrow might not be better but next year likely will :)
*Sigh* You two. So cute. Love this!
-College Roomie
Perfect! Melt my heart you little love bird.
Post a Comment