Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

American Country Music Awards

At the risk of sounding like an 80 year old grandpa, country music ain't what it used to be.  There were several songs (and outfits) that made me sort of cringe watching the ACM awards on Sunday evening.  But there were a couple of winners in my book.

1.  Tim McGraw and Faith Hill sang "Meanwhile Back at Mama's".  I love them, I love this song, all good.

2. Blake Shelton and some girl from The Voice that I don't know sang  "My Eyes"  I do love me some Blake Shelton.  I think he's super good looking, hilarious, just enough of a bad boy, and I really do love almost all of his songs....with the exception of that stupid one about chewing tobacco and spitting.  What exactly was that crap about anyway?

 3. George Strait won Entertainer of the Year.  Do I really need to say anything here? He looked genuinely shocked. He kissed his wife.  He bragged on his fans.  Mentioned his family.  Thanked God.  And did it all whilst rocking a black hat.  Sigh.  That, kids, is why he's the King.

2 comments:

adesertgirl said...

George Strait is a class act. <3 <3 <3

I can't stand that spitting song by Blake.

And country music really isn't what it used to be.

-College Roomie

Brianne said...

Yes...yes...yes to your intro. 15 min in I considered turning it off but there were a few performances I wanted to see so I wound up watching (& tweeting) throughout the entire show. Biggest question: what in the world was up with the BMX tricks happening in the back while FlaGALine played??