Follow by Email

Monday, April 7, 2014

Lazy Weekend Report

I don't know if it is because I've been going non-stop for the past....I don't even know how long...or if it was the rainy, cloudy weather we're having or what, but I was pretty lazy this weekend.  And it was awesome.

Working in my sweats.  I've started doing some contract work on the side for my old law firm in Albuquerque, so that took up a lot of my time, but it turns out that I kinda enjoy that work when I'm only doing a few hours a week and working in my sweats! 

*  Wedding Shower Invites.  As ya'll know, Blonde Oklahoma Girl is getting married!  This weekend I got her wedding shower invites all signed, sealed and delivered (at least to the mailbox).  Here's a sneak peak.



Grill Master.  I did my first grilling of the season last night--burgers (well I ate it on a tortilla because that's how we roll in New Mexico) and corn on the cob.  It was glorious.

Stealing a Tree.  While I was on my run/walk yesterday (I started out the run part WAY too fast and died a mile in, so it turned into a walk), I collected some cuttings from a tree that was growing in someone's yard but hanging out clear over the sidewalk.  Yes, it's someone else's tree.  But I did not trespass in order to get said cuttings, so the lawyer in me says it's okay.  I'm not sure what it is, but it was a big tree and it has pretty purple flowers that smell like lavender.  Anyway, I have the cuttings in vases in my kitchen window, so let's all cross our fingers that roots appear!

Stupid TV Shows.  I don't know why I watch the stupid tv show called Hart of Dixie.  It's stupid and predictable, but for some reason I watch it anyway.  Well, this dang week it ended up being all about how Zoey and Joel had to do long distance for 6 months (that then turned into a year) and they ended up breaking up because Joel chose his dream job over the dream girl.  This sends me into a tizzy and the poor Boy from Texas had to explain to me that that TV is not real, I am not Zoey,  he is not Joel (despite the fact that he's certainly never seen this show), and neither of us is moving to London.  Bless his heart.

*  A Little Paint.  I officially crossed "nails" off my to do list and am loving the Turquoise and Caicos color from Essie.

*  Cupcakes.  Yes.  Well I sort of blew the whole low sugar thing I've been trying to stick to this weekend when I whipped up two dozen strawberry cupcakes.  Whatev.

*  Lack of Blog Material.  As you might have guessed from this rambling nonsense, I'm running a bit short on blog material here lately, so if anyone wants to suggest some ideas, I'm all ears!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the nail polish color!
-Mrs. Arizona

adesertgirl said...

The nail polish color is really pretty!

And I think you and Mrs. Arizona are kindred spirits since you've stolen a tree and she steals lemons from a tree.

-College Roomie

Brianne said...

Ahhh!! I haven't seen that episode yet! Lol but I'm glad they break-up. I don't like Joel. I want her to get back together with Wade!

shaeken said...

Turquoise and Caicos is my favorite!! :) :) Love. Also, I am not running short of blog material, just time to blog. Let's find a balance! :)