Monday, April 7, 2014

Lazy Weekend Report

I don't know if it is because I've been going non-stop for the past....I don't even know how long...or if it was the rainy, cloudy weather we're having or what, but I was pretty lazy this weekend.  And it was awesome.

* Working in my sweats.  I've started doing some contract work on the side for my old law firm in Albuquerque, so that took up a lot of my time, but it turns out that I kinda enjoy that work when I'm only doing a few hours a week and working in my sweats! 

*  Wedding Shower Invites.  As ya'll know, Blonde Oklahoma Girl is getting married!  This weekend I got her wedding shower invites all signed, sealed and delivered (at least to the mailbox).  Here's a sneak peak.



*  Grill Master.  I did my first grilling of the season last night--burgers (well I ate it on a tortilla because that's how we roll in New Mexico) and corn on the cob.  It was glorious.

*  Stealing a Tree.  While I was on my run/walk yesterday (I started out the run part WAY too fast and died a mile in, so it turned into a walk), I collected some cuttings from a tree that was growing in someone's yard but hanging out clear over the sidewalk.  Yes, it's someone else's tree.  But I did not trespass in order to get said cuttings, so the lawyer in me says it's okay.  I'm not sure what it is, but it was a big tree and it has pretty purple flowers that smell like lavender.  Anyway, I have the cuttings in vases in my kitchen window, so let's all cross our fingers that roots appear!

*  Stupid TV Shows.  I don't know why I watch the stupid tv show called Hart of Dixie.  It's stupid and predictable, but for some reason I watch it anyway.  Well, this dang week it ended up being all about how Zoey and Joel had to do long distance for 6 months (that then turned into a year) and they ended up breaking up because Joel chose his dream job over the dream girl.  This sends me into a tizzy and the poor Boy from Texas had to explain to me that that TV is not real, I am not Zoey,  he is not Joel (despite the fact that he's certainly never seen this show), and neither of us is moving to London.  Bless his heart.

*  A Little Paint.  I officially crossed "nails" off my to do list and am loving the Turquoise and Caicos color from Essie.

*  Cupcakes.  Yes.  Well I sort of blew the whole low sugar thing I've been trying to stick to this weekend when I whipped up two dozen strawberry cupcakes.  Whatev.

*  Lack of Blog Material.  As you might have guessed from this rambling nonsense, I'm running a bit short on blog material here lately, so if anyone wants to suggest some ideas, I'm all ears!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the nail polish color!
-Mrs. Arizona

Anonymous said...

The nail polish color is really pretty!

And I think you and Mrs. Arizona are kindred spirits since you've stolen a tree and she steals lemons from a tree.

-College Roomie

Brianne said...

Ahhh!! I haven't seen that episode yet! Lol but I'm glad they break-up. I don't like Joel. I want her to get back together with Wade!

shaeken said...

Turquoise and Caicos is my favorite!! :) :) Love. Also, I am not running short of blog material, just time to blog. Let's find a balance! :)