Last week, I ventured out on a wedding dress shopping expedition. As someone who likes neither shopping, nor fashion, I must admit I was a bit hesitant about this whole thing. But I am happy to report that a dress has been purchased!
I met up with my parents, matrons of honor (College Roomie and Cousin Whitney), and The Boy from Texas' mom, grandma, and sister in Lubbock for the big event. Things started out a bit rough when my parents got lost trying to pick me up from the airport, my dad got very cranky, my mom had to learn how to use a turnaround on the loop, and our hotel changed names and didn't tell us. It really could only have gone up from there.
That night I tried on a beautiful dress from a sweet friend of mine who got married a few years ago. Sadly, she's about 6 feet tall and built like a ballerina. I, on the other hand, am 5'3 and built more like a Mack truck. In light of that, the dress did not fit. She did, however, have a beautiful cathedral length veil that I quickly fell in love with and will be wearing when I say "I do" to The Boy from Texas.
The next morning I tried on another dress from a friend only to learn that while we're technically the same size, our rib cages are not. I, thus, referred to myself as being very bold sprung, a term frequently used by FFA kids judging dairy cattle. It's a good thing in dairy cows, not so good when you're trying to fit into a dress. Another one bit the dust.
So off we went to the cutest little boutique called Bliss Bridal. The owner was this adorable, hip, nice lady and she took great care of us. We tried on probably 5 dresses or so there and found two that I was pretty in love with that were in my price range. Next up, we headed out to David's Bridal. After having the full attention of the owner and her assistant at Bliss, David's was more of a free for all. It was honestly kinda overwhelming to me, but I did find a couple of dresses that I liked quite well.
By this point we were all freaking starving, so we headed to meet up with my dad at Jason's Deli. He skipped out on the dress shopping altogether, electing instead to hit up Krispy Cream Donuts, the car wash, and a nice shade tree where he took a nap in the car. That's real life, folks. After we were all feeling a bit better with food in our stomachs, it was time to make the final decision.
In College Roomie fashion, I've decided to keep everyone in a bit of suspense about which dress I finally selected. I am going to have you all vote on your favorite and on Friday I will reveal the two finalists. You'll have to wait for October to see which one I selected!
So....which of these dresses would you have chosen? (Disclaimers: Dresses are listed in the order in which I tried them on. Facial expressions are meaningless.)
![]() |
| #1 |













45 comments:
You're so fun! I totally pictured your dad doing all his tasks that day - hilarious.
This is tough! I like three and four, but I'm going to go with three. You look pretty fantastic in all of them though. Cannot wait for the finale!
Jennifer B.
I love 5 on you!
#4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know which one gets my vote. :) Thanks for letting me tag along for the fun! I had a blast.
-College Roomie
Oh and PS - this NOT TELLING game is much more fun when I'm the one not telling. :) :) :)
-College Roomie
1st choice: #5
2nd choice: #3
Congratulations and wishes for a lifetime of happiness!
Just a long time lurker but #5 looks like you!
#5!!
Love #2 or #3. Tiffany, what a pleasure you were in 3rd grade and now a beautiful young woman! :)
You look stunning in all of them! No. 3 is a little extra special, I think.
I think you look great in #3, you look happy happy in it :)
You look beautiful in all of them. My favorite is #5 but to be fair, that was my dress when I married the boy from Maryland. ;-)
Congratulations again. Its so nice to see you so happy.
Nikki
#3 is my fav Tiff!!
1) #3
2) #5
And btw you look absolutely beautiful in all of them! Forgot to add it to my orginal comment! Ha sorry
Number 3 is gorgeous on you! It's so flattering and fits you perfectly! Number 5 is my second choice, but number 3 is obviously "the one!"
#3 my very favorite with #4 coming in second....you are gorgeous no matter what! Can't wait to see you in it in person....ConnieJ
#3 is you Tiff. The fit, the look. I love it.
Oh my goodness, Tiffany... first of all congrats on your engagement! SO excited for you!
Second of all, all of these dresses are beautiful and I don't think you can go wrong, but I do LOVE LOVE LOVE #3!!!! It is amazing!!!
All the best,
Brittney Hansen (aka your 5th grade friend Brittney Roetzel! :) )
I LOVE the way #3 looks on you. While I agree #5 is very nice also - I love the design on #3 - it's very unique! Like you!
I vote for #1. Whatever you wear will be beautiful, but I'm partial to the illusion neckline and think it looks very bridal on you! Can't wait to see you walk down the aisle in any of them, though! So happy for you, Tiff!
-Mrs. Arizona
It is so hard!!! Either 3 or 4?! They all looked beautiful!
I love them all but my vote is for #1!
I love #5! It looks gorgeous on you!! Glad you found one you love!
I think #2 looked the best! very cool what you're doing with this blog stuff
#4 is my favorite......They are all so beautiful! You will look amazing in whatever you choose.
#3 gets my vote!
I choose wedding dress #3!
They all look good, but I think #2 looks best. Probably not very comfortable to wear, but oh well......I don't think they are supposed to be comfortable. RD
Three and five are my favorites, you look like you are comfortable in them. Like you! Mrs.Bowe
It's a tie between 3 & 5... but I think I like 3 more.
#5 or whichever made you happiest
All look great but #3 is my favorite! Really enjoy your blog! Annette
#1 and #5! I have to confess that I was so glad that my mom's wedding dress worked out well for me. I got overwhelmed stepping into any bridal store, let alone having to try on dresses at one. Kudos to you for braving the fray and emerging triumphant :) You'll be beautiful! --Dr. Leah
They're all gorgeous, but I love #1 and #3!
#4!!! #3 is a close 2nd.
You're beautiful in every single one of them! What a hard choice! I think #3 is my favorite, followed closely by #5.
First of all, you look lovely in ALL of the dresses and that's tough to decide which one. Second of all, apparently we live by each other! I was giving a blogger friend of mine a hard time about her always meeting up with bloggers close by and she sent me a map that had bloggers on it that lived by ME! you were on the list so I HAD to come say hi :) I'm excited to be following you now, especially with a wedding in the future...I love seeing how people plan out their big day!!
whoa, do you follow Whitney and Allison (Gilliam and Hawthorne) just because you found their blog or do you KNOW them? This may be a very small world! lol
whoa, do you follow Whitney and Allison (Gilliam and Hawthorne) just because you found their blog or do you KNOW them? This may be a very small world! lol
#3
#3
I like you best in 1 and 5. The veil looks especially beautiful with 5.
LOVE LOVE LOVE #4 on you. You'll be beautiful and radiant in anything on your special day but something about 4 for me!!
#2 gets my vote.
Post a Comment