Monday, October 13, 2014

Better than the Letters

"Everything I ever wanted, and everything I need, he's everything to me..." ~Brad Paisley, She's More (with a minor modification)

Easily one of my favorite blog series over the last several years was my Letters to Mr. Right.  If you're new to the blog (or just want a trip down memory lane), click here to read them all.

The first letter was penned three years ago this month.  Exactly 1,115 days before The Boy from Texas and I will take our walk down the aisle, I wished that he wouldn't miss finding me when the time was right.  He didn't.



It's funny to look back on the 20 letters I wrote to my then-unknown Mr. Right.  I can read them and go back to the very place, very situation, very moment that I wrote them. I remember the night I got the photo of the boots and heels, the one I so desperately wanted to be me, and that we re-created in our engagement pictures.



So many things I dreamed of have come true. I commented that I would enjoy him most in the fall.  Given the fact that our wedding will be in October, turns out I was probably right.   He's from West Texas, just as I hoped.  And, most importantly, he picked me.

As I read back through all of these, I quickly realized, The Boy from Texas surpasses the guy who I had in my head.  God give us more than we know to wish for. 



He's better than the letters. 


3 comments:

rozann said...

So beautiful! I couldn't be happier for you two!!!

Brianne said...

This is amazing. So happy for you 2.

shaeken said...

love this!! So happy for you. God has truly blessed you!