Friday, March 13, 2015

What's Been Going On 'Round These Parts

I know, I've been blogger MIA.  Here's what we've been up to.

- Despising daylight savings time.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love it in the afternoons.  When I get home from work and have plenty of sunlight left to walk the dogs, I think it's a great idea.  But when that alarm clock goes off and I have to be out of the house whilst it's still pitch black outside?  I hate it.  I cried when the alarm went off Tuesday morning.  It happened.

- Little Cowboy turned 8.  I know, you all want another session of Ask Little Cowboy.  I'll get on it.  Last weekend was his 8th birthday party.  It was Ninja Turtle themed (apparently these are still cool?)  He got a ton of great presents, including  go kart, ducks, lots of guns, money, and more.




- I'm still sick.  In case you were wondering,  yes, I still spend a great deal of time hurling in the bathroom, courtesy of one The Baby from Texas.  Please do not offer any more advice, I've tried it all.  At this point, we're just trying to survive until it ends.  Which it will, eventually.  It may be when the baby is born, but there will be an end.

- Budgeting.  Now that we're finally moved into our own house and settled, we've got our budget put together, which makes me feel good about life.  You know that I'm incredibly organized and a huge saver, so I'd be lying if I didn't admit knowing the budget is in use makes me sleep better at night.

- Watching Gold Rush.  Do you guys watch this show?  We love it.  There are very few shows we both like.....I'm more a fictional drama watcher (Chicago Fire, ER, The Night Shift) while The Boy from Texas prefers scientific/factual shows (How It's Made, Myth Busters, History Chanel).  There are, however, a few we both enjoy.  Gold Rush is #1 on that list.  (Others are North Woods Law, Incredible Dr. Pol, Fixer Upper, and Top Gear).

- Gearing up for the sheep sale.  The first lamb sale will be here one month from today.  We've been home a couple of times to try and help get things ready.  I cannot enter the lambing barn....apparently being around lambing can cause miscarriages in pregnant women.....so The Boy from Texas has helped my dad in there while I feed and what not outside.  I don't love being left out of where the real action is, but you do what you gotta do, I suppose.




3 comments:

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Being around lambing can cause miscarriages?? That is too weird. Better safe than sorry though so stay out of that barn.

-College Roomie

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

TMNT is cool again....not still. 90s are making a comeback!

Brianne said...

It makes me happy that TMNT is cool again ha! I'm sorry you're still dealing with sickness. Tell that baby to be nice!