Sunday, November 1, 2009

26 on my 26th!

"Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs." ~Anonymous

In honor of my 26th birthday (which I prefer to call my box moving party....since I'm no longer in the 20-25 range)...I've decided to share 26 things about me. Enjoy.


(Me drinking from a fountain in Switzerland--get it, fountain of youth!)

1. My favorite smell is a mixture of sawdust and revive. It gives me butterflies in my stomach. Only former showers will understand.

2. I have a serious feet phobia--can't stand to be touched by them!

3. I have to sit on an aisle seat on a plane.....I feel that if we crash my chances of survival are much higher that way. Logical, I know.

4. I was the 4th Place chicken judger in America when I was in high school.

5. I hate it when highlighters run out....it has seriously made me cry before.

6. I laugh at really in appropriate times. Like when something sad happens or someone gets hurt, I break out laughing. I think that's a problem.


7. I was convinced I would be fired from my Summer Associate job the first week because the first four restaurants I went to, I had no idea what anything was on the menu. (I solved this by ordering the thing that looked closest to "grilled chicken.")

8. I am obsessed with pajama pants. My drawer is overflowing.

9. I get horrible motion sickness and have basically puked my way across America, including Beverly Hills, San Francisco, the skies over Arizona, a freeway in Dallas, Washington, DC.....and I can now proudly add a European incident on the streets of Rome!

10. I was my high school homecoming queen, but was definitely not a cheerleader!

11. I am planning to run the San Francisco Half Marathon within the next two years.

12. I am 5'3 despite the fact that both of my grandfathers were over 6'2 and one of my grand mothers was 5'10.

13. I believe from personal experience that a person must do something really, really bad to get kicked out of an IHOP. We're talking felony level bad here.

14. I truly believe STILLWATER is the happiest place on Earth.

15. I do not trust the dentist.

16. One of my best friends used to think I was stuck up. (Thanks, College Roomie)

17. I think that the book "Better Single Than Sorry" should be curriculum in small town schools.

18. I love college football. And by love I mean I have a completely obsession. I will watch any game, any time, don't care who is playing. And I can name the last 8 Heisman winners. In order.

19. I am fiercely loyal to the people I care about. I am overly-protective and hold grudges against people who hurt my friends/family long after the friends/family have let it go.

20. I have a 45 item bucket list. Last year I crossed off 6 items. This year it's looking like another 8 will be done.

21. One of my friends recently helped me discover I have rather low self-esteem. His remedy is me telling myself how cute I am in the mirror every morning. I think he's kind of crazy.

22. Apparently I am a little bit loud. Some say indimidating. Others say brash. I think it's becuase I'm a little person and I feel the need to be sure my voice is heard.

23. I went to 7 proms in high school. Other than proms, I went on less than 7 dates in high school. Go figure.

24. I have a secret goal in life of having 10 bridesmaid dresses. Like 27 dresses--I just want to make double digits. Right now it is sadly looking like I will probably be one or two short.

25. I love taking jumping pictures. My friends/family who have to be the photographers don't like them nearly as well.

26. My Gran was probably my favorite person in the world. She was a tiny little grandma who weighed like 95 pounds, but she was tough as nails, fiercely independent, and everyone knew not to mess with her.

No comments: