Well, Throwback Thursday about the Vatican is going to be postponed yet again. My computer is not cooperating and I cannot get it to upload any pictures, other than this first one you see here. The Vatican blog will be really boring without the pictures, so....next week, we'll try again!
I'll give you an idea of how the Vatican was set up and what we got to see. First, we went to the Vatican Museums which house the beautiful artwork and frescas. This part of the tour included the Sistine Chapel---and Michaelangelo's famous ceiling.
Then we went to St. Peter's Square. This is the place most people are familiar with and think of when they hear the Vatican. In the center, is St. Peter's Bascilica. This bascilica is said to be built on the burial site of St. Peter. This brings me to the last part of the Vatican we saw, which was a tour of the excavations under the Vatican, where we saw the bones said to be those of St. Peter.
I hope to be able to share my pictures and thoughts next week....if my computer cooperates!




No comments:
Post a Comment