Follow by Email

Monday, February 15, 2010

Da Da Dadadadada.....(The Olympic Music)

"The Olympics are a wonderful metaphor for world cooperation, the kind of international competition that's wholesome and healthy, an interplay between countries that represents the best in all of us." ~John Williams

I love the Olympics. Have since I was a little kid. I can remember watching the summer olympics when I was about 6 or so......Carl Lewis and Jackie Joyner-Kersee were running the hurdles. My brother and I stacked up vhs tapes (I realize these are completely old school now) in the living room and pretended they were hurdles. I think my family and I have watched every Olympic games that have ever been since I've been alive. Although the summer games are my favorite, I love the winter ones too!

Only the Olympics can get people to go from being armchair quarterbacks to armchair ski jumpers and figure skating judges. Seriously....even my redneck, small town family who have skated like twice in life are talking about the artistic impression scores and analyzing who was better, talking about how the ski jumper should have been more parallel, about how the bob sled blew that turn, and whether the curlers should stop sweeping sooner. And the coverage on NBC does a great job of showing all the great stories----the adorable couple skating together in pairs, the guy on the podium who almost walked away from skiing, the underdog stories galore, the first Canadian gold on their soil dedicating the win to his brother with cerebral paulsy......there's always a story!

So I hope you're enjoying the Olympic coverage......I plan to blog more about Vancouver 2010, and about favorite Olympic moments from years past in the next two weeks, so stay tuned.

No comments: