Last Sunday was 10/10/10. I heard lots of different people talk about this date...radio dj's, random people in the airport, stuff on other blogs I read. The consensus of these people seemed to be that the day 10/10/10 will come only once in our lifetime. The next time it happens will be in 3010, and we'll all be long gone. One slogan describes it: "10/10/10 Never Before. Never Again."

When I heard this, I couldn't help but think.....EVERY day only happens once in our lifetime. Every day has never happened before and will never happen again. Why don't we think about that and try to live accordingly on random Tuesdays instead of just when numbers on a calendar are all the same?
Don't get me wrong, I know it's hard. It's usually easy when we are on vacation or something like that, but "regular life days" are different. I get totally caught up in the mundane of every day life, just like everyone else. Wake up (too early!), go to work, eat breakfast, do some work, eat lunch, do some more work, leave work (too late!), go running or to the gym, eat dinner, watch a little tv or talk on the phone, go to bed. Wake up again and repeat. It can be hard to make that exciting, I know! But the bottom line is we will never have that day again.
So whether it means wearing cute shoes, or buying yourself flowers, calling your friends, writing a blog, listening to good music while you get ready, or whatever.....we all need to find something fun and exciting in every single day.Our time here is short, and we never know when it is coming to an end. Every day is one that we will never get back, one that only happens once. It's up to us to make each one count. Remember, every day is never before, never again.
By the way: Today is your LAST CHANCE to get into the drawing for my first giveaway....click here!




2 comments:
Tiffy,
You are so wise. This is so true, we will never get a day back again. Yes, 10-10-10 is pretty cool, but so was 9-02-10(that actually was my favorite)I like your idea of doing something different no matter how small or how big it is, to make that day seem better. Love you!!
Lyndse
Thanks, love! I don' tknow if anyone has ever called me "wise" before. :)
Post a Comment