Well, I have to start this month's Happiness Project update out with a shout out to my friend, The Bride. She saved this month's project with a wonderful suggestion. Here's how it went down.
This month the focus was on leisure...or what the author referred to as being "serious about play." She set four goals: find more fun, take time to be silly, go off the path and start a collection.This month was hard for me. I'll be honest.....I pretty much embrace fun all the time. In trying to figure out my project goals for the month, I made a list of things that are fun for me. I came up with: Kickboxing, hot yoga, running, the farmer's market, traveling, reading blogs, writing this blog, reading a good book, watching college football from my couch in my pjs, watching my favorite shows on tv and scrapbooking.
Well, with the exception of scrapbooking, I pretty much already did all of the other ones on a regular basis. So I couldn't add those to my life to increase my happiness. As for scrapbooking---it's something that brings happiness and stress both. I was complaining to The Bride about how I wanted to scrapbook, but it was time consuming and messy and it would take me forever to even print off all my pictures that need scrapooked, much less to actually do it. And then.....the answer came.
The Bride asked if I had ever thought of digital scrapbooking and sent me a link of her latest book. And right there we go--I had my project for the month! So, I decided to do a digital scrapbook for the first 9 months of 2010.
And I'll just tell you.....it made me happy and made me hooked! It's like the best of scrapbooking without the hassle---I don't have to print off pictures or pick up little pieces of paper off the floor when I'm done. But i still end up with a book that I can look back at in 20 years and remember what a great year I'm having. And I can still be creative and design the book how I want it. Total happiness boost right there.
If you want to check it out, there are lots of websites that allow for building your own book---I'm personally using Shutterfly because they seemed to have the most designs and options for lots of pictures on one page.
So, even though I just had one goal for the month, I think it all worked out because it was a good one and the project succeeded in its purpose!




3 comments:
I discovered digital scrapbooking a little while ago, my friend uses creative memories and its amazing. I personally haven't used it yet, but I want to. When you are all done it prints in a book, like an actual real book. I am excited to see your project when you have it completed.
Lyndse
Glad I could help! :) You'll have to send the link when you are done with it so I can see it!
Lynds--So far I am loving it....when you are done you have this super professional thing.....unlike the ones I usually make that have pictures all peeling off, stickers missing, and glue blobs everywhere!
Kris--I will totally send you the link. Once I'm finished with this year, I think I'll post it on here for everyone to see! :)
Post a Comment