Monday, October 4, 2010

September Updates

"Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." ~Ida Scott Taylor

Is it just me, or did September fly by? How is it already October?? Anyway, here are a few updates on stories that you may have enjoyed.

More of the newest Mr. and Mrs. Animal House's Big Day.

I promised more pictures last time, so here we go!
And you have to watch the video....they're just adorable. The Mrs. is officially in charge of planning my wedding one day.


















And now for the wedding bloopers. Sadly, the best blooper didn't make the video (the videographer should really be ashamed of himself!) Anyway, they are saying their vows. Mr. Animal House goes first. Then it is Mrs. Animal House's turn. The priest says, "Mrs. Animal House, reapeat after me. Brian, I love you because I do." Now, because you don't know Mr. Animal House's first name (unless you watched the video...) you don't realize why this is funny. Suffice it to say, it's not Brian. And, because it was Mr. Animal House, he doesn't just let it go...he leans over and very calmly says, "Um....I'm [insert his actual name.]" Everyone in the church about died laughing.

Second blooper was the bus. All of us out of towners hopped the bus out to the wedding. Very convenient an safe considering the open bar that was ahead. But the poor driver managed to high center (is it called that when it's the back instead of the center of the bus??) the bus at the cemetery next to the church. Yea. Everyone had to catch rides with random people to get to the reception. Classic.

State Fair Report

I don't think that I ever did a blog about how the sheep show went for my family at the State Fair. I got terribly sick that week, so forgive me! You'll remember back in April we had our annual show lamb sale. Well, things turned out pretty well!

First, in the show only for lambs born in this state, we had a class and division winner! Say hello to the champ himself, "JB." (Excuse my dad who looks like he's taking a mug shot!)
In the regular show, we also had a class winner in the crosses, but the picture of that lamb has not arrived yet. Stay tuned for another upate to come.

The Ring.

You might remember a while back I blogged about our Family Centennial celebration. One of the topics I covered was the ring that I remembered seeing when I was 9 years old and got to see again while I was in town. I discovered a picture and felt the need to share so that everyone understands just why I remembered this ring for almost 15 years! It would be the huge rock on her right hand.
Quote of the Month:
This month, we have two winners. They are (not surprisingly) the Okahoma Girls.
First, the Blonde Oklahoma Girl and I were discussing boys. In particular, we were discussing this recent situation we keep seeing where they are into way younger girls, and ignore the fact that a great girl their own age is right under their nose. And, I'll probably get in trouble for telling on him....but I guess we'll see if he actually reads the blog. Cousin Swiss Mister was one of the worst examples. He wrote something in an email along the lines of "Girl #1 is Norwegian. She's smart and a PhD and she is really nice and cooks dinner for me and has a good head on her shoulders. But Girl #2 is a young, hot Spanish babysitter." (Note: Country names have been changed to protect the innocent). Needless to say, we were not impressed. The Blonde Oklahoma Girl's analysis: "He is being an ass in every language!" Well said!

Second, Loud Oklahoma Girl and I were also complaining about boys. Does anyone notice a pattern here?? Anyway, I emailed her an said that I was going to become a nun tomorrow because I was sick of boys and all that jazz. Her response: "Please wait to order your habit until after I come down and see you. We have a lot of drinking to do for your birthday!" Hard to argue with that logic.

No comments: