Teacher Friend and I literally grew up together--we've been friends since the 4th grade. (I am including photos to prove this....let's hope that our friendship doesn't end once she sees them!) She knows who I was and where I'm from, and I think that having friends who understand those parts of you is really important. We've been through good and bad and funny and funny now, but not funny then. :) Anyway, Teacher Friend lives with her husband in Texas where she teaches high school science. Oh, and she's the biggest Packers fan that you'll ever meet....so needless to say, she is in a good mood this morning!
So....with that, this is Teacher Friend!

We've been friends for a long time....since we were 9 years old.....what is your favorite memory with me?
Have to be when we dated those Grady boys and went on some crazy double dates. They were so much fun and I think we laughed pretty much the entire time we were together. I still remember the parking lot at Grady-did he kiss you? NO! Did he kiss you? NO! haha! {There was significant analysis about this the entire drive home! :)}
You've been through a lot in your life, but you have remained strong in your faith. How have you done that?Day by day-I mean when you look at something that seems so steep and hard to climb, you just put one foot in front of the other and eventually you get to the top. It has been a struggle, of course there have been times where I was like 'Why me?' and I have had my fair share of pity parties, but in the end I remember that God loves ME and put me here for a purpose. Everything I go through will help me reach out to other struggling people, and that keeps me going. Plus, if I didn't believe God and trust in Him, there wouldn't be ANY hope, and I just can't bear to think that. {For real, she's amazing!}
You are a killer fantasy football champion.....tell us a few of your secrets!Overanalyzing is the major player in losing seasons-the years that I have printed stats and really studied were the years I failed! When I go in there and do my homework, but not to an obsessive extent is when I do best-I just go with my gut. Of course, I have a key rule that I ALWAYS draft by no matter what: NO vikings, NO bears, NO cowboys. That has served me very well. Also, find a sleeper-you usually get a great player really cheap! My sleeper this year was McFadden and he was awesome.
Your wedding was one of the most fun and of all of them that I've been to, I think it might have been the most "you." What was your favorite part?I think walking the horses down with my dad. We were supposed to ride in, but I'm sure you remember I got bucked off! Instead we decided to walk them in before we got to the aisle and I love those pictures. It really summed up what we are-plus I got to wear my cowboy boots!
What was your favorite part of college at Colorado State?Working at the Meat Lab-that was the place to be and everyone knew who worked there. I learned a whole new side of an agriculture industry that I have always been part of. I really enjoyed learning the cuts and actually knowing how different products are processed. Plus, I did meet my husband who was my boss at the meat lab! Another great part was meeting my awesome roommate, Danica! She is great and we are still great friends-she is getting married soon and I am in the wedding! So excited for her!
Tell us about living in NYC for a summer. What were the best and worst parts?
NYC-everytime I see a famous landmark, I think I am SO glad I am not there anymore! I am so grateful for the experience and all the people I met, but that is a huge city for a small town country girl! I enjoyed the Broadway shows-I saw The Producers by Mel Brooks-which was hilarious and then when you (Tiff) and Whitney came up we all saw Phantom of the Opera. It was amazing. I really want to go back to see the show about Vince Lombardi's life. Maybe we will just have to do that! {I don't know if by "we" you mean me and you "we" or you and your husband "we" but I'm offically inviting myself to come!!} The worst part was there was not a single country station! I had to have Eddie send CD's so I could hear George. It was neat to experience, but scary just because of the crime rate. That really kept me in when I should have been going out and seeing the sites. While I was there, I had a strange allergic reaction though where my eyes were so swollen I couldn't see and that was scary. It only happened a couple of times, but I think it was my body telling me that we needed to get out of there fast and back to the ranch.
NYC-everytime I see a famous landmark, I think I am SO glad I am not there anymore! I am so grateful for the experience and all the people I met, but that is a huge city for a small town country girl! I enjoyed the Broadway shows-I saw The Producers by Mel Brooks-which was hilarious and then when you (Tiff) and Whitney came up we all saw Phantom of the Opera. It was amazing. I really want to go back to see the show about Vince Lombardi's life. Maybe we will just have to do that! {I don't know if by "we" you mean me and you "we" or you and your husband "we" but I'm offically inviting myself to come!!} The worst part was there was not a single country station! I had to have Eddie send CD's so I could hear George. It was neat to experience, but scary just because of the crime rate. That really kept me in when I should have been going out and seeing the sites. While I was there, I had a strange allergic reaction though where my eyes were so swollen I couldn't see and that was scary. It only happened a couple of times, but I think it was my body telling me that we needed to get out of there fast and back to the ranch.
What was your favorite part of growing up on a family ranch?
That is a tough question-the ranch is part of me in everyway. I am so grateful for the lessons it taught me and how it shaped me into a better person. I know all about troubleshooting and making something work with what you have, a hard days work, chores coming before fun (thought they were fun in their own respect), respecting animals and enjoying them (on the table too!). I think the hardest part is being away from it because it doesn't bring in enough capital to support our family, so just dad lives there.
What was the best part of growing up in a small town?
No traffic, wide open spaces, friendships and close knit ties. There is just something to say about growing up in a small town!

What is one (or more) item(s) on your bucket list?
I have never really thought about this-I guess I really want to go back to Lambeau and see us play a division game-maybe even the Bears in 20 below, snowing, beer freezing weather. Go see Ireland, I just think that would be a fun experience.
That is a tough question-the ranch is part of me in everyway. I am so grateful for the lessons it taught me and how it shaped me into a better person. I know all about troubleshooting and making something work with what you have, a hard days work, chores coming before fun (thought they were fun in their own respect), respecting animals and enjoying them (on the table too!). I think the hardest part is being away from it because it doesn't bring in enough capital to support our family, so just dad lives there.
What was the best part of growing up in a small town?
No traffic, wide open spaces, friendships and close knit ties. There is just something to say about growing up in a small town!

What is one (or more) item(s) on your bucket list?
I have never really thought about this-I guess I really want to go back to Lambeau and see us play a division game-maybe even the Bears in 20 below, snowing, beer freezing weather. Go see Ireland, I just think that would be a fun experience.




1 comment:
Enjoyed this blog. I love Marianna's statement of putting one foot in front of the other...I needed to hear that today. You two are so blessed to have a friendship that has lasted so long--always cherish it. I am so proud of both of you.
Sue (Mom)
Post a Comment