Thursday, February 10, 2011

Verse of the Week

So I've been following along with Little Thoughts and her "Verse of the Week" project that began this year. Each week, she posts a different Bible verse for us to memorize and to create some sort of artwork displaying.

Photobucket

As for the memorizing, I have been writing each weeks' verse in my trusty little index card book. Every night, I go through each verse that we have learned. By the end of the year, I'll have 52 verses memorized (and I may have to go to bed earlier to get through them all!)

But, as for the crafty part, I have been failing. I'm not crafty (like at all) so I just skipped then. Then, today I got this new idea to try and utilize my new photography hobby as my artwork for Verse of the Week.

So.....here are my verses for the first 5 weeks of the project. From here on out, I'll be adding my verse photo to the other photo challenge links I post every weekend.

Week 1: Matthew 19:26
This photo is of the staircase at the Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe. It was built by a mysterious carpenter who appeared after the nuns prayed a novena for God to help them with a staircase, and was built using no nails. I though it was perfect for showing that with God, all things are possible!

Week 2: Isaiah 40:31

I went for a little drive last Sunday and came across a race horse stable with this design on their gate. I love it for a visual of running and not growing weary (especially after just having watched Secretariat....great movie!)

Week 3: Lamentations 3:23

You guys have seen this photo before for my "dawn" theme, but I thought it was perfect for showing a morning, which always begins with a clean slate!

Week 4: 2 Cor. 4:16
This might be my favorite of the verses we have done so far. Especially as it came in conjunction with my reading the end of the Lou Gehrig book that I blogged about yesterday.

Week 5: Jer. 1:5
I really wanted a picture of a baby person, but all I had in my collection was this baby calf. I'm a farm girl, what can I say? He's pretty cute, so I guess he'll do! :)

Week 6: 1 Peter 4:8
I absolutely love this verse and it was actually this verse and this photo that inspired me to do this little project. I snapped this photo inside the Loretto Chapel.

6 comments:

crystal.cattle said...

Cool project. I have heard about that staircase before amazing. Might be something I join in on. Hope you are having lots of fun with you photography. What did you end up getting for a camera?

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. You have a real talent, my friend.

-College Roomie

Elizabeth said...

I like this! Great verses!

Tiffany said...

Thanks, ladies! Oh, and Crystal, I actually haven't gotten one! I am just using my point and shoot for now. My cousin has a pretty nice Canon but the screen broke, so he's sending it to me and if I can get it fixed I'll use it!

Lindsay Thomas said...

Fabulous!! I'm so impressed you did all of the other weeks! Thanks for linking up! I'm doing a recap post today highlighting everyone that linked up so be sure to check later this morning:)

Anonymous said...

Great Post! Very creative!