Sorry for another current events post. I promised yesterday to be back to my usual self....I at least succeeded in the last paragraph of this baby. There is just a lot going on in the world that makes me feel the need to blog lately!
Last week, the world witnessed a fairytale. A "commoner" married a Prince. And it was classy and beautiful and perfect.
And a lot of people complained. They said that we should be focused not on this event, but instead on real life. On the the tragedy that continues to unfold in Japan, and on the horrific aftermath of the tornadoes in the south. On wars and hunger and hate and disease.I don't know about you guys, but I get enough of real life every day. Don't get me wrong here. I am praying for the victims of the recent natural disasters and for those who are hungry and forgotten and who fight for our freedom and for those suffering from disease. Do I think these things are more important than the royal wedding? Of course.
But you know what else I think? I think that days like today are just what we need sometimes. The world came together to watch this wedding. It didn't matter if you were republican or democrat, or Christian or Athiest, or rich or poor. Everyone watched. And we saw hope. And love. And happiness.

Again, I don't know about you guys, but I get enough of real life every day. Anytime I can be reminded of what is good and watch it with everyone else in the world, I'm going to do it with a smile on my face.
Oh, and as an aside.....Kate deserved her freaking day. She is 29 years old. She's waited to marry the man she loves for years. The world has called her "Waitie Katie" for crying out loud. As a girl who knows what it's like to wait for her wedding day while everyone else around me seems to get theirs, I say more power to Kate. She deserved every minute of her day...just as I'll deserve every minute of my billboard one day!
Don't hate....word on the street is that he tends to date 27 year old blonde lawyers......cough cough forget Chelsea and date me......cough cough.




7 comments:
Harry would be a super fun boyfriend.
-College Roomie
I agree...sometimes it's good to "escape"...especially when you have children;) (Also, great post yesterday)
Reports say they picked charities and suggested that people donate money to the groups instead of sending wedding gifts. They probably aren't in need of anything like most newlyweds. The gesture itself was a very thoughtful way to acknowledge that things aren't so perfect in the rest of the world, even if they were perfect in her's that day.
I'll be 29 when I marry the boy, and let me say, I plan on reveling in the magic of our wedding day finally arriving, and I haven't been called Waitie Katie. Ugh. Although upon hearing I was engaged one friend wrote, "Wow! Mettie engaged. Surreal." I was slightly insulted. Anywho...I think it's good to see to romance that brings the world together instead if us all thinking that the latest Bachelor couple is the current guage of what love should look like. We need to see people who have waited and fought for love. I hope they had a perfect day, and I wish them a strong and happy marriage.
Did it again. Published a beautiful and well written post. From the heart. I so agree with you - I get plenty of real life every day, and need a lot of romance to balance the ugliness and unhappiness in the universe. And let me just go out on a limb and say, despite three incredibly marginal marriages, I believe in true love and gazing into one another's eyes, but ONLY after having been amazing friends for a long, long time. You young girls take a page out of my book - if you meet a guy and the romance sweeps you off your feet in the first several months, chances are it's not as real as the great friend who makes your palms sweat after a couple of years. . .
Totally agree! At work I deal with harsh reality every day. I don't see anything wrong coming home and spending a few hours enjoying the beautiful wedding of two people who seem completely in love. I think they kept the wedding elegant but tasteful. Kate was flawless and Wills was adorable. It melted my heart when I heard that Harry had little presents hidden in his pockets in case the flower girls got nervous. Trashy Chelsea whats-her-face so doesn't deserve him!
I agree with you. That was probably the only time that some people have ever heard part of the gospel. I thought it was fabulous! xoxo
Post a Comment