Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Bedlam, Baby!

“Yes, it’s definitely possible to make it all the way this year. Coach Monken always explains to us that we control our own destiny.” ~Tracy Moore, OSU Wide Receiver

Can I just say that I am excited. Like little kid on Christmas Eve excited. Fat kid in a candy store excited. Why you ask? Because It's Bedlam weekend....and I'm going to the game!

For those of you non-Oklahoma folk, Bedlam is the term for any sporting event at which my alma mater, Oklahoma State University, plays our biggest rival, OU. Saturday night is the football showdown of the year. We're currently ranked 3rd. OU is ranked 10th. The winner of this game is guaranteed a BCS bowl game, and if we win, we have a remote shot at the national championship.

Now, I've been to lots of football games. Here is a look back at a few of them in photos...

But for all these games, I've never been to Bedlam. For the last 10 years or so, it was always the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which is our family reunion, so I couldn' miss. But glory day, this year that changed and I'll be checking this baby off my Bucket List. Do I care that it's supposed to be 28 degrees? And snowing/raining? Nope. I'm packing my ski clothes and I can still yell for the Cowboys in the cold.

So this weekend I will be in Oklahoma spending some quality time with Soulmate Friend, tailgating with The Governor, Loud Oklahoma Girl, and Nomad, and attending church with my Small Group Friends.


Oh yea, and screaming my little head off at a certain football game. I've already warned Nomad that when (not if...) we win, I will probably cry. And run over anyone in my path to rush that field. Ya hear that, little kids and lukewarm fans? Get out ma' way!


Peace, love and GO POKES!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! PISTOLS FIRING!!! HEERRREEE COMES BULLET!! - Micca

Anonymous said...

Here's to America's brightest orange! Have a great time at the game.

-College Roomie