Friday, July 6, 2012

One of Us Is Getting Married Tomorrow!!

“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.”  ~Muhammad Ali

Not "us" as in ME....everyone calm down!  No Mr. Right sightings yet.

Today I'm climbing on a plane bound for Oklahoma for the big wedding weekend!  Loud Oklahoma Girl is getting married tomorrow!  She's one of "us", the group of the Girls from OSU....craziness this is!!  But I absolutely cannot wait!


So in honor of her wedding, I figured I'd share a few of my favorite photos from our 9 year friendship that began in a hotel in Paul's Valley Oklahoma when her friend came to meet up with my judging teammate.  Little did we know those two wouldn't last, but me and Loud Oklahoma Girl would end up being best friends.
On the field after Bedlam 2011


Girls' Weekend Calf Fry 2010
Girls' Weekend San Francisco 2008
My Birthday Football Game 2010
New Year's Eve 2009
Girls' Weekend Napa Valley, California 2011

Rock, Paper, Scissors - Halloween 2011

George Strait concert 2010

Homecoming 2008

OSU v. Texas 2010

Stillwater Girls' Weekend 2009
Graduation Weekend 2006
Engagement Party 2012
And because it's Friday, you know I have to write a couple of wedding-related letters and link up with Friday's Letters!

Dear Oklahoma Weather: Listen here, this girl remembers your hot, humid crap from college. I've been living in the desert for the last 6 years and my hair is not used to you anymore. If you could go easy on us for Saturday, that would be great.

Dear Future Mr. Loud Oklahoma Girl:  I hope you realize that when you marry LOKG, you get me as part of the deal.  You're a lucky guy.  I knew that you were cool when you made me sit with you and watch the Crazy Whites from West Virginia (still traumatized, by the way).  And even though you're a Sooner Fan, you make my friend so happy, and that's what's important.  Take good care of her!  And I apologize now for us being loud and obnoxious on Saturday night at the reception.  It's going to happen.

Dear Southwest Airlines:  You know I love you.  And give you a lot of my money.  But after the last couple of airline experiences.....the whole emergency landing and the almost-hijacking....I could really go for a nice, boring, non-eventful flight.  And please bring back the honey roasted peanuts.  These lightly salted things are for the birds.

Dear Hard Rock Tulsa:  You best be ready on Saturday night.  We've got some celebrating to do.  And us girls don't mess around when it comes to that.

Dear Loud Oklahoma Girl: I could not be more excited to be coming to stand up with someone on her wedding day. You are hands down the most fun person I know. On top of that you are beautiful and funny and smart and just freakin' awesome.   We've been through a lot of good in the last 9 years.....birthdays, rushing the field, lots of limees, surprise enagement parties, OSU football games, Girls' Weekends, and homecoming weekends.  Now we'll add your wedidng to the list!  You deserve a perfect wedding day and life. Thank you for being one of my best friends and for asking me to be part of this weekend!
Congratulations, Loud Oklahoma Girl!  Let's do this thing!

5 comments:

Katy Robertson said...

Congrats to your friend!! and make sure to look hot this weekend, maybe you will meet a nice midwestern boy at the wedding.

I, myself, have never met a man at a wedding, but it seems to happen in movies and to some of my friends, SO Im crossing my fingers for you. If you met a boy at the wedding, it would make a good chick flick plot line.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to LOKG! Miss her! Glad you all get to be together for this wonderful thing! - Micca

Becca Christensen said...

I LOVE Southwest airlines! I fly them so much I get at least 1-2 free flights a year. They're the best. Minus your apparently eventful time with them recently. ; ]

Unknown said...

Aw all my friends have been getting married recently also, and t's such a joy to be there for such a huge day!

visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com :)

Anonymous said...

Holla!

-College Roomie