Monday, December 8, 2014

Wedding Recap Post #2: Getting Ready

After the rehearsal dinner, the bridesmaids and I headed to the Hepburns' house to spend the night.  They were so sweet to offer us their house since my parents' were hosting other family at our house. 

We sat around in the kitchen for hours visiting with Mrs. Hepburn about all sorts of topics....marriage and faith and infertility and family planning.....girl talk at its finest.  It was the perfect night!

The next morning kicked off early with the Wedding Day 5K.  I had several sweet friends go running with me that morning.  The weather was perfect, we ran right down a country road, even saw some deer! We returned to the house at the end of the run to find homemade breakfast waiting on us courtesy of the Hepburns.  Best hosts ever.


I wanted to get the bridesmaids something cute to wear while we were getting ready and when I saw these robes, I knew I had found the perfect gift!  The girls robes came from Kohls and mine from Theknot.com.  



Then it was time to break out the hairspray, make up, and bobby pins.  I had two sweet friends come and do hair for us.  They were so much fun to have there with us and did a great job on the hair if you ask me!
 
 
 
 
 And then, because she had not done enough by snapping picture all dang day, Super Mom swooped in and did my make up.  Seriously, she's the most talented, sweetest person I know.


Then, as if they had not done enough, Mr. and Mrs. Hepburn whipped up some grilled chicken salads for lunch.  If you ever plan on getting married in the future....I'd recommend befriending these people.  Ha!

And then just before it was dress time, my sweet Teacher Friend shared a Bible verse with me that she read in her devotional that morning.  It was so sweet and so touching for us to have a minute to reflect on God's promises that day.


3 comments:

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Ahhh, such a wonderful morning. Your photographers are just the best.

Britt Fisk said...

YOU guys are the best!! It was just the perfect day and I love reliving it through this :)

Brianne said...

I love that you went for a run the morning of. Great photos!