Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bucket List Year in Review

“If there's one thing I learned, it's that nobody is here forever. You have to live for the moment, each and every day . . . the here, the now.” ~Simone Elkeles, Perfect Chemistry

Each year I like to look back and remember the bucket list checkmarks I was able to obtain in the past 365 days.  Here are the recaps for prior years..... 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.

This year, although fewer in number, I am pretty excited about the list items that have been achieved!

1.  Get married.  The biggest item on the list has fallen.  WOO HOO!



2.  Visit friends in Canada.  Ever since I met my first Canadian friend (The Crazy Canadian) in college, I knew that I wanted to visit one day.  As you will read about in a recap series coming soon, our honeymoon offered us the perfect chance to see the beautiful country, have fondue with our sweet friend Miss Canada, and to visit The Crazy Canadian's parents' ranch.



3.  Complete a 365 day photo challenge.  I've tried this a couple of times with no success.  I am so excited to report that I successfully completed the Fat Mum Slim 365 day challenge!  And I didn't do it alone!  College Roomie, Miss Arizona, and High School Friend all completed it as well.  I could not have done it without them!  Coming up soon, I will be sharing my favorite photos from that challenge.

4.  Grow my own tulips.  I love tulips.  Hands down my favorite flower.  So growing my own had always been on my list.  Last fall, I planted bulbs.  This spring, up came beautiful tulips.  They didn't last too long before I killed them, but it was enough for me to check it off the list!



5. Watch a game at Fenway or Wrigley.  I'm not a huge baseball person, so it may seem strange for this to be on my list.  But being a major sports fan (and a good American), I felt like seeing our national past time played in one of the most iconic venues in the country had to be on there.  When I work trip took me to Boston this past summer, Fenway was calling my name!  Read the full blog here.

6.  Become a famous blogger.  This is a checkmark that I honestly didn't think would actually ever come.  But when I started blogging back in 2009, I put it on the list.  And although "famous" is pretty arguable, I'm going to go ahead and count the fact that my Texas Agricultural Law Blog was named one of the top 100 legal blogs in the country by the American Bar Association count as famous enough!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Those are some pretty impressive things to cross off in just one year!