Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Tradition #1: Giving to Others

For BB's first Christmas, I wanted to be sure and start some of our own family traditions.  I will recap some of those here on the blog and hope we can continue each year! 

Hands down the most important tradition for me was this one...giving to someone less fortunate. This is something we have done for years, whether it be Angel Tree, nursing home, or giving money randomly to someone who deserved a little Christmas surprise....giving is a must during the holidays. 

This year, a friend of mind from law s hook headed up an "adopt-a-family" project for homeless students in Albuquerque. There were 60 families up for adoption and their stories were heartbreaking. As a mom myself now, I can't imagine how these moms must feel, struggling to give their children what they need. 

We ended up with a family who recently lost their house in a fire. Their dad was killed in the blaze. A mom and four kiddos who needed a little happy this holiday. 

So shopping we went! A basket full of shoes and books and toys and diapers layer, we had the loot! 



I sincerely hope these gifts bring some happiness to this sweet family this Christmas! And I hope that we can continue this tradition as a family for years to come! 

2 comments:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

way to go Tiff! I'm sure your gifts will make it a much more merry christmas for this family! One that they will never forget!

Brianne said...

That's such a great tradition! We used to do that when I was growing up.