Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Tradition #2: Tiger Butter (and Newlywed in the Kitchen #33)

When I was a kid, my Gran made the same Christmas candy every single year. Since she "went on to her reward" as she called it, I have tried to carry on the tradition. I can't wait to carry on this tradition with BB.



This recipe is super quick  and super easy. I am counting it as Newlywed in the Kitchen Recipe #34. The Boy from Texas doesn't like peanut butter so he didn't rate it. 

Tiger Butter

1 package of vanilla almond bark
1/2 C crunchy peanut butter
3/4 C semisweet chocolate chips

Put almond bark in microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave for 1 minute and then stir.  Then microwave for 45 seconds at a time, stirring each time until melted (it only took me 2 times).

Add in peanut butter and stir. Spread out on wax paper or fool. 

Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl.  Cook for 1 minute and stir. Cook another 45 seconds and stir. (Keep going if not melted, mine were). 

Pour chocolate on top of the almond ark/peanut butter and use a spoon to swirl. 

Let it cool and then break into pieces. Place in fridge to harden. 




1 comment:

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

I want to make this candy sometime! It's so pretty and I love that it is an easy candy. Some are so complicated!