Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Newlywed in the Kitchen Recipe #31: Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I probably need to change the title of this series to "Old Married Couple in the Kitchen" because if we were Newlyweds, The Boy from Texas would still eat anything I cooked and tell me it was good even if it wasn't.  As it stands now, he tells me he doesn't like soup and at leftover pizza instead of trying this recipe.  The honeymoon is over, kids.

Anyway, this recipe is a good one if you, unlike my husband, like soup!  It's easy and good....great combination!  I saw this idea on Facebook and made a few changes to make it fit my liking. 

The Boy from Texas Rating:  N/A

My Rating:  4.

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:
1 30oz. bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 32 oz box of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz, I did low fat)
3 oz bacon bits
1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese 
1/2 C Sour Cream
Pepper
Parsley
Garlic Powder

Directions:
Put the hash browns in the crockpot. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits. Add pepper, garlic powder, and parsley to your liking.

Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. 

An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. (I made mine too big and it took longer to melt.  Cut them small.) Place the cubes in the crock pot.  Add 1/2 C cheddar cheese and 1/2C sour cream and remaining bacon bits. 

Stir a few times throughout the hour before serving. Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to serve. 

Top with whatever you like....cheddar cheese, sour cream, parsley, bacon bits....



No comments: