Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 35

Hello hello! It's going to be a rather quick blog today. As you know from last week, I spent several days with Cousin Swiss Mister and my family back in Tennessee, which means that since I just arrived home this afternoon, I didn't have time to get much blogging done.


I really appreciate all of you who sent sweet comments and offered prayers for him during this time. It was a hard few days, but everyone seems to be doing as well as expected. I mean, he did have me and my smart alec ways to lift his spirits, so that had to help some. And, he was wearing a sparkly, bedazzled-looking Superman shirt. I mean, the combo of me and that shirt had to help some. :)
I plan on doing a blog on my observations on the south soon (om double g, y'all!), but I just don't have time to get that knocked out today. But stay tuned. Today, I'm sharing just a few of my Tennessee photos with you. Not bad considering that we didn't have time to do anything touristy or fun, but just snapped these driving to dinner one night and back.


Theme: Anything (Quotography)

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the the opposite direction."

Hands down my favorite thing the backwoods of Tennessee that I saw were the red barns. The old barnwood painted red up against the green trees and rolling hills....beautiful! I thought this quote fit perfectly. And I am a firm believer that our society is making a horrible mistake trying to hard to make things bigger and better. Sorry, off my soap box now. Be sure to check out the other entries at My Perspective!


Theme: Show Off Your Shot

This was my favorite shot from the trip. I mean, can it get better than this? Beautiful horses, green grass, and an old wooden fence? LOVE it! See the other entries at And Then She Snapped.

Theme: Peace
I snapped this shot this morning.....in the rain....at like 6 am....while rushing to the airport. For me, peaceful it was not! But when I saw the cemetery and the fog, I knew it was too good to pass up. I think that the lighting and the foggy weather was perfect for the peace theme.


Theme: Melon (Project 64)



This is the only non-Tennessee picture of the week. I saw this really intersting colored flower at the Sutter Home Winery in Napa, so knowing that we still have 29 weeks of Project 64 left, I decided to take a picture just in case. Turns out, that was a good decision because I think this is the perfect melon color! See the other entries at Project 64.

7 comments:

vintch said...

beautiful pictures! i love how you capture the beauty of the south so sweetly with your images and so eloquently with your words. thanks also for quoting me earlier:) what a fabulous compliment. have a beautiful, blessed day xoxo

Unknown said...

Just to let you know I just came back from Rome! Had a magical time, thanks for your tips/help!! x

Jan n Jer said...

Love you quotography shot n quote!

Tara said...

great quotography!

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Wonderful Quotography!

Lisa said...

I believe we like quotes because they hit so close to home most of the time. Our lives sometimes become extensions of the quotes we choose to use in memes like this. I love this one...it does hit close to home.

rachel said...

thanks so much for linking up with show off your shot this week! the shot of the horses is so peaceful! thank you.