As we do ever year, we headed to Red River for our family ski trip. Remember trip #4 and #5? And by family, I don't just mean blood family (although many of us are), I mean ski trip family, which has taken on a new meaning.
Even though this year we were a smaller group and I had to cut it a day short, we still had a great time. We added two new faces this year, Cousin Whitney's boyfriend and one of my best friends, Blonde Oklahoma Girl. They've now been officially added to the family and are required to attend from now on.
First off, Blonde Oklahoma Girl and I loaded up on bagels, candy, and red dirt music for our first road trip together! Pretty sure we sang, danced and solved all of the world's problems in those 4 hours.
(And yes, she looks like a supermodel in a self taken portrait, 3 hours into a road trip. If I didn't love her so much, I'd hate that girl.)
Once we arrived, we all headed to the Lift House bar for a few drinks and then to the slopes for some snow tubing. We had never done that before (snow tubing I mean...we're regulars at the ol' Lift House!), but it was a lot of fun!
And then day two rolled around and it was time for some skiing. I've skiied a lot in my life, and I honestly think this might have been the best skiing I've ever done. Great weather, not too busy, lots of snow, I loved it!
I start off slow saying, "I want to change my mind, I want to change my mind."




6 comments:
Snow tubing sounds like a lot of fun. I was chuckling at the FB session. It's great that your family has this annual tradition :) Happy New Year!
Well sounds like you girls had a blast and tore the slopes up! Way to go on skiing a black that is AWESOME and a great way to start no regrets 2012. I love that is your modo, because that is what biggest looser is centered around this season "No Regrets" I love it! Wish I could have been there to partake in snow tubing and drinking :)
~LOKG
Best.Ski.Trip.Ever!
Here's to topping it off next year...and we will have shirts!
BOKG
It looks like such a blast! I would love to travel with a huge group! :)
Looks like you guys had a great time. Good job on the black. :)
-College Roomie
Looks like you and your family had a wonderful time!! :) Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment