Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wedding Recap Post #13: Photographers and My Final Thoughts


Over the last 13 posts, you have seen absolutely amazing pictures taken by absolutely amazing women.  We didn't have the budget for a fancy wedding photographer.  Luckily, we didn't have the need for one either, because we have three of the most talented friends you can imagine.  Super Mom, High School Friend, and Ag Teacher went above and beyond what I ever imagined when I asked if they would be willing to shoot our wedding.  They were absolutely the perfect photographers for us---they were laid back, flexible, quick (thank the Lord because my Dad's patience was about .25 seconds), and fun.  Plus, it was fun getting to spend the day with three of my friends rather than some stranger with a camera. There is no way to thank them for what they did.

Super Mom, Me, High School Friend
The Boy from Texas and Ag Teacher
 Now, with that, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite shots they each got that we haven't seen yet.

Super Mom

She took the lead on the photos and I am so glad she was there to be sure we got everything we wanted!  She's started up her own photography business, so if anyone needs her info you just let me know.



All the boys put a ring on it. :)

  High School Friend


She took the lead on the "detail" shots and on helping get people lined up and posed.  All of this because she claims not to be a people photographer.  Some of these beg to differ.


 Ag Teacher


 She was given the most difficult assignment of the day...shooting the boys.  After a rocky start to the engagement photo shoot, I wouldn't have blamed her for quitting.  But when I asked The Boy from Texas who he wanted to come to the lake and shoot him getting ready, "Ag Teacher, she's my favorite photographer" was his response.  God bless her.  She also got great shots from the balcony during the ceremony and managed to get pictures of all of the guests at the reception!



 Final Thoughts

I have to admit that even I, the bride, am sick of wedding posts.  I'm ready to be talking about something else!  (Honeymoon updates are up next...)  But I wanted to take the time to write down and share the details of our wedding day, and I think that some day we will be very glad I did that.

It was the absolute perfect day for us.  Everything else aside, we made a covenant with God and with each other to love each other for the rest of our lives.  That, alone, was enough to deem it the perfect day.  Pile on top of that doing so surrounded by 400 members of our family and best friends?  Well that put it over the top.  Then add in all of the beautiful ceremony music, fun dancing, great food, amazing pictures, white flowers with pearl stems, adorable flower girl and ring bearer, a seven year old usher reading Psalms 23, and a pretty white dress?  Well.....there are really no words.  

One comment that was made multiple times to me (that was frankly sort of hurtful) was, "I thought this day would never come!"  I waited just shy of 31 years for this day....you're telling me!  But, fortunately, God's timing was more perfect than mine.  He brought The Boy from Texas and I together at just the right time---not too late, not too early---and He opened the right doors at the right time for us to become husband and wife that Saturday in October.  For those of you still waiting....trust that His timing is perfect timing.  And ignore those who try to make you feel that you are doing something wrong or that you are not enough.  They are wrong.  It's as simple as that.

Thank you so much to all of you who celebrated with us--both near and far.  Please continue to pray for us as we enjoy this adventure together!



"You will reciprocally promise love, loyalty and matrimonial honesty. We only want for you this day that these words constitute the principle of your entire life and that with the help of divine grace you will observe these solemn vows that today, before God, you formulate."  ~ St. John Paul II

3 comments:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

Dang it Tiff, I already put my makeup on this morning and your post made me cry. Cry because I am so happy for you, but also because waiting is so hard. Trusting that it will in fact come someday is so hard. I know you know this. Thanks for giving us all encouragement and hope! You are awesome, Merry Christmas!

Brianne said...

Pretty sure I've now cried at least 14 times from your blog... I am so happy for you & TBFT. Your photographers did an amazing job! All of the pictures are perfect & you can tell how much fun everyone had & how truly in love you 2 are. Merry Christmas to you & TBFT.

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Your photographers are such awesome ladies! They all did a fantastic job.

-College Roomie