Friday, December 12, 2014

Wedding Recap Post #6: The Wedding Party

After the first look, we headed to one of our wheat fields to take wedding party photos.  I wanted pictures at my parents ranch and the green wheat was the perfect backdrop!





One of the most popular questions after we got engaged was how many bridesmaids I would have.  Would I have a line of 20 girls that stretched down the aisle at the church?  Would I go all 27 dresses style and make them wear the dresses I wore in each of their weddings?  How would I ever choose?  Well.....I went with four of my best friends in the world, and that was it!  They wore navy dresses that we got at Target for $30.  Pretty undramatic and unexciting compared to what people were thinking.

College Roomie and Cousin Whitney were my co-matron of honors.  Blonde Oklahoma Girl and Loud Oklahoma Girl were my bridesmaids.  When I look at these four ladies and think about what all we've been through, it's unreal.  Tragic loss. Crazy bachelorette parties.  Wine tasting in Napa.  White water rafting in Costa Rica.  Gallivanting across Europe.  Stressful jobs.  Nights at the Penny.  Major life decisions.  Dream jobs.  Studying for finals.  They are friendships that I could not be more thankful for.











The Boy from Texas had four of his best friends stand up with him.  These guys are awesome--heck, one of them is the reason that I met The Boy from Texas in the first place!  They wore white shirts, blue jeans, and hats.



Good looking wedding party if I do say so myself!



 Next up, the ushers.  Because my best friend is a boy, and because Cousin Sean is, well, Cousin Swiss Mister, and because I've got a brother and nephew who I wanted involved, I got to pick the ushers.  BFF, Cousin Swiss Mister, Little Brother, and Little Cowboy.  Little Cowboy was given the title of Head Usher, a job I hear he took seriously bossing the others around quite well.





And then, the stars of the show.  My sweet God daughter, GBaby, was the flower girl and Ty's nephew was the ring bearer.  They could not have been any more adorable.  More on them in future posts...



We could not have better people standing next to us on our wedding day, and walking with us through life.

2 comments:

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

It was such an honor to be a part of the big day! There's no better girl or friend to stand beside on their wedding day than you, my friend.

Brianne said...

My favorite is the first full group shot. I love that they guys just wore jeans. That's what I want.