Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Wedding Recap Post #8: The Church, Flowers, and Guest Boards

I did not put a single decoration in the sanctuary of the church.  Why?  Two reasons.  First, I feel like all of that takes away of the purpose of the ceremony, which is to celebrate the sacrament of marriage, not to look at exorbitantly expensive flower arrangements.  Second, the church looked like this.



Baby Hepburn and I did a few minimal decorations in the entry way, but that was all she wrote at the church.  We had two greeters--The Boy from Texas' sister and my sweet little cousin.



As for flowers, well, The Boy from Texas' cousin saved the day.  She's a professional florist with a degree in horticulture and she did an absolutely amazing job.  I gave her a very limited budget for flowers and told her I only wanted white.  What she was able to come up with was absolutely amazing!

Then, enter a family friend who has a little bouquet business called Bethe San.  She offered to make me stems for the bouquet.  I had no idea what stems were at first, but she's got beautiful taste, so I told her to take it away.  I ended up with the most beautiful crystal and pearl stems in my bouquet and in the Boy from Texas' boutineer.

Here was the result of these two ladies and their amazing talents.



This angel broach was one I had given to my Gran,
so it was the perfect way to include a reminder
of her and all of the loved ones who we have lost
that could not be there for our big day.


Very Bridesmaidish
 We didn't want to do a regular guest book that would end up in a box under the bed.   I had seen the idea of using boards for folks to sign on Pinterest.  Lucky for us, my parents amazing neighbors offered to make these for us.  They turned out absolutely perfect!




Then, my cousin and his girlfriend showed up with an amazing present....a white rocking chair for all of the guests to sign.  I had never seen this before, but if I would have, I totally would have gotten two and made them the "guest book."  As it is, we got the best of both worlds--boards and the rocking chair!



These are just a few examples of the amazing people in our lives who donated their time, talents, stuff, energy, and money to help us pull off the perfect wedding day.  We could not be more thankful!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Your flowers were amazing. I love that you were able to include something of your gran on your day. The last wedding I went to the bride & groom had a friend make them a bench & that's what they used as the guest book.