I've got to admit, I'm probably the proudest of this pie as I am any of my other Newlywed in the Kitchen creations. Not only was it delicious, but it also looked fancy. I think I'll keep this for pot lucks to try and impress folks with my skills.
Now, as you will see below, I did make a minor mistake that changed my pie a bit from Brianne's original recipe. I've written the original recipe in black with my modifications (due to necessity) in orange.
The Boy from Texas Rating: 5/5. I told you guys it was good!!
The Boy from Texas Comments: Man, this is really good. What's in there? You can give this a 5!
Red, White and Blueberry Pie
Ingredients
1 refrigerator pie crust {I bought one of the frozen ones already in a pan that you just thaw and bake briefly}4 oz white baking chocolate {Because I managed to burn this and didn't have any more, I left it out. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll include it when I make the pie again because it was so good without it!}
1 quart fresh strawberries, divided
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup fat free milk
3.3 oz instant white chocolate pudding
1.5 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup thawed whipped topping
Directions
Preheat oven to 425. Let pie crust stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Gently unfold into deep dish pie pan. Prick bottom & sides. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cook completely. {Or if you buy the frozen one in the pan, just thaw for 15 minutes and bake as directed.}
Melt baking chocolate. {Pay attention here. I did this in the microwave and burned it to an unusable crisp.}
Remove the tops of 8 strawberries. Cut in half through the stem end. Set aside, slice remaining strawberries. Dip the halved strawberries halfway in chocolate. Place cut side down on waxed paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread remaining chocolate over the bottom of the crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of the chocolate. {So because of my mistake, I just put the sliced strawberries directly onto the pie crust and didn't dip the halves that you set aside in chocolate.}
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk until well blended. Add pudding mix & powdered sugar until thickened. Spread evenly over sliced strawberries. Allow to set for a few minutes. Spread whipped topping over cream cheese mixture.
Place halved strawberries around the edges of the pie. Fill in the center with blueberries. Chill until serving.





2 comments:
Sounds tasty, looks tasty, and it got 5 stars from the tough Russian judge - I mean, from TBFT? That's like the ultimate trifecta!
I'm glad that y'all loved it. Haha I had edited the original recipe too & just typed in how I did it. They still seem pretty much the same & all delicious.
Post a Comment