Friday, July 3, 2015

The Baby from Texas: Weeks 21-30

30 down, 10 to go.  Talk about a scary thing to think about!  Yeesh!  In case you missed the prior updates, here are links to Weeks 0-10 and 11-20.

* Attended his first Agricultural Law CLE course in Lubbock.  Baby ag lawyer in the making?  Probably not if is dad has anything to say about it.

*  Received his first show lamb.  My friend and colleague sent the baby's first show lamb in the mail.  How dang adorable is this.  I foresee lots of showing practice in the future.  Gotta get 'em started young.

*  Watched a Triple Crown winning run on tv.  For the first time in something like 38 years, the Triple Crown was won by American Pharoah.  The Baby from Texas didn't seem all that excited, but his mother was.

*  Got a puppy.  He doesn't know it yet, but The Baby from Texas has a puppy.  And I can already tell these two are going to have great fun (and probably cause a lot of trouble) together.  Right now, Angus is patiently awaiting the baby's arrival by unpacking his clothes for him, and then laying on them.



*  Got tons of gifts.  The ladies from my hometown spoiled the baby rotten at his barnyard-themed baby shower.

* Attended his first wedding.  We went to the baby's first wedding, a lovely outdoor ceremony in the Panhandle.  He--the baby, not the groom--basically kicked the entire time, but did enjoy the cake!


*  Made himself known while being prayed over.  At said wedding, the mother of the groom and one of her friends offered to pray for The Baby from Texas.  We never turn down prayers, so they put their hands on my stomach and started praying.  That baby immediately started kicking up an absolute storm.  My friend, Super Mom, said one time that babies and little kids are maybe more perceptive to God because they have been removed from Heaven for such a shorter time than adults.  Might be something to that!

*  Went to his first winery.  While in Fredericksburg for meetings, some friends and I hit up the Fat Ass winery solely to snap this particular baby bump photo.



*  Went to a barn party.  We traveled to New Mexico for a barn party celebrating the wedding and baby of some dear friends.  Again, The Baby from Texas enjoyed the cake.  Anyone sensing a theme here?



* Inspired a new fun list of "Things Not To Say to a Pregnant Lady."  Here are the first couple.

(1)  "Here, sit down.  It must be exhausting carrying around an extra 60 pounds!"

(2)  "Are you sure you are not having a girl, because you are like big all the way around, not just in the front."


6 comments:

Brianne said...

My eyes got so wide at the two comments. Do people just not filter themselves?? That little lamb is adorable.

Holly said...

You are SO stinkin' cute with your belly! Like oh my gosh, don't listen to any dumb comments. And that little lamb... Adorable.

Laura Darling said...

That's a lot of accomplishments! The Triple Crown was so exciting wasn't it?!

Katy Robertson said...

He is a busy guy! and you look great, mamma!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Baby's been busy! He better get used to it since his mama tends to go-go-go!

Unknown said...

This morning, while feeling HUGE - I came back to your website to find pictures of you at this stage of pregnancy (because I know you have quickly gotten back in shape so I thought if you didn't look much smaller than me, maybe I had hope of post baby weight loss too??)

And 2 observations, we are about the same size - and I always thought you looked good during pregnancy while I feel I look awful - so I guess its true, we are WAY harder on ourselves than others.

And since I look about the same size as you at this stage - I am going to comfort myself by saying at some point in the next 12 months, I will have a waist again !