“Dear old world', she murmured, 'you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you.” ~L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
I haven't linked up in a L-O-N-G time, so I've been saving up lots of likes for today!
1. This article written by a mom about the Sandy Hook tragedy. I identified right away because I, like her, am just not a crier, but this really got to me. Her explanation of why is spot on. I know what six looks like, and because of that, I understand too much what must have happened in that school. God bless everyone involved.
2. This video that I found thanks to Miss Ty's blog. It's called Sh** (Bible Belt mom editing) Southern Women Say. I was in tears. And I guarantee you I say at least three of these every single day. No lie. http://www.arkansassyblog.com/2012/12/does-this-pistol-come-in-pink.html
3. The new song by Tim McGraw. Even though I'm much more of a Texas Country girl than a mainstream music fan, I love this song!
4. This blogger who volunteered to lay a wreath on every grave at Arlington National Cemetery for Christmas. What an amazing thing to be part of!
5. I'm not one of those girls who plans her wedding out in her head. I've explained that in a Letter to Mr. Right before. But last week I heard this version of 1000 years and loved it so much that I think it would be the perfect wedding processional....and then right after that, I heard the One Direction song called Little Things that I'm quite certain will have to be played at any future wedding I have. Perhaps it's a sign of Mr. Right's impending arrival??
6. This article by The Single Woman. It's all about how we need to stop overthinking everything in our lives and just do something! She talks about how she will overanalyze little decisions like whether to go into Target or if she should buy new lipstick....um....completely guilty. I've done the same thing more times than I can count. Here is her advice: "Chances are, sometimes this plan of less thought and more action is going to inevitably lead to mistakes and mishaps and maybe even rejection…but isn’t DOING and KNOWING better than WAITING and WONDERING?"
7. This t-shirt I saw online. Yes, that would be me. But never fear, I'm back on a running plan (I have a half marathon with Loud Oklahoma Girl in April to train for!) and on the trusty ol' my fitness pal.
8. My sweet friend Almost Gypsie Soul has started a blog! We went to school together at OSU, she was the one who suggested we run Remember the Ten last year, and she's just generally awesome. Check her out, add her to your blog list. You'll love her. Oh, and she's doing a playlist for the blog every month, which I love!
|She's the tall one in blue....dang tall people make me so jealous!|
9. My adorable friend (who I used to babysit.....hello, my name is Tiffany and I'm old!) is in school at OSU. Well yesterday, our quarterback--Clint Chelf--retweeted her! Now, once I had her explain to me what exactly re-tweeting meant, I was super excited. She's basically famous! :)
10. My dear friends Nomad and Emily from Friends got hitched! That's right, they got married in what looks to have been a picture-perfect ceremony over the holiday. Who wants a guest blog wedding report from these two???
Word on the street is that they may have a second wedding in England, to which I'm invited! Little European adventure in my future?? I think so. I'll totally channel my inner-Joey! "It's LONDON, baby!"
Nomad and Emily from Friends: Please don't un-invite me because of this! :)