Monday, August 11, 2014

Advice to the Single Ladies (Part 5): Don't Make Out With Random People

"If it's not making you better, it isn't love.  True love makes you more of who you are, not less."  ~Mandy Hale


DON'T MAKE OUT WITH RANDOM PEOPLE
Blonde Oklahoma Girl Says:

Don't make out with random people.  I know being a single girl, you can go out and meet a cute boy and make out.  And we are talking just kissing here people!  Just because you can...doesn't mean you should.  That is all.

It's better to kiss the right person than a random person.


Tiffany Says: 

I didn't really have a tendency to make out with random people (just un-random ones), so I'm going to take a bit of a different spin on this one.  I'm a bit of a prude, obviously, but hang with me.  At some point during my teenage years, someone gave me the following advice that always stuck with me.  Sadly, I don't remember who said it or when, so if it was you, let me know and I'll give you credit for your genius!

It's hard to ever go back to just holding hands.

Physical relationships always move forward, it's next to impossible to bring them backwards.  I think this is an important to point to remember, especially when you are first getting started in a relationship.  It's easy to jump in too fast and then not be in a place where you can put the car in reverse.  Draw boundaries that you are comfortable with and stick to them as long as you need to.  And don't feel as though you have to apologize for that. 

All I know is that I'm glad to have heard that when I was younger, and glad now that I listened!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great series girls!
Nancy Lee

Micah said...

I love this. My friends all think I'm so weird for my lack of physical experience in relationships. But here's the deal, I don't want to kiss someone just to kiss them. I want to like them first. And I'm not going to have sex with someone unless I love him and trust him. If that makes me weird, I don't want to be normal.