Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cooking with Kimberly Lesson 3: Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

Two New Mexico girls live together in a house.  You know that green chile is a a staple in our diet.  A few weeks ago, New Roomie made a delicious green chile enchilada dish that I thoroughly enjoyed (even though we got into a super hot batch of chile and almost burned our mouths off).  It is particularly intriguing because I'd never had enchiladas with beans in them and it was a nice twist!

Make this dish ASAP.  You'll thank us (mostly her) later.  Now, on to Cooking with Kimberly.



Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

1 can refried beans
2 large chicken breasts
water, salt
1 clove garlic
2 T butter
16 oz can tomato
8 oz can tomato sauce
Chopped green chile (She usually uses 4-6)
Corn tortillas
Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350.  Simmer chicken in boiling water until tender.  Sprinkle with salt and cut into strips.  In sauce-pan, cook butter, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chile, and spices.  Bring to a boil, then simmer.  Spread beans on tortillas.  Dip the tortillas in the sauce.  Add chicken and cheese, roll and place seam down in a baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce over and sprinkle with cheese.  Cover and bake for 40 minutes.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never boiled chicken breasts before. But I like the idea. Very easy and clean!

This looks and sounds tasty. I love beans in enchiladas for that extra kick of protein!

-College Roomie