Friday, August 29, 2014

Good Job Fate

“I think of how life takes unexpected twists and turns, sometimes through sheer happenstance, sometimes through calculated decisions. In the end, it can all be called fate, but to me, it is more a matter of faith.” ~Emily Griffin

Two years ago tonight, I was in Oklahoma City where I was trying to set two of my friends up with each other.

Tomorrow, those two friends will get married.  But not to each other.  As fate would have it, they are both getting married to other people on the same day.  One wedding in Oklahoma and another in Texas.  Two couples and two happily ever afters.

But fate didn't stop there.  Although my matchmaking attempts failed miserably in Bricktown two years ago tonight, I happened to meet a cute boy who asked me to dance and held my hand.


And well, you know how the story ends.  With a white dress, a couple of rings, and engagement pictures featuring cows.



Good job fate.  Good job, indeed.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Aww how exciting for all y'all.