Well, if you know me at all, you realize that I'm exaggerating in the title of this blog. I totally don't own an Armani suit. I'm cheap so I never will. I did see the Armani store in Rome and take this picture! :) Anyway, I thought it was a catchy title.So...this is Katrina's suggestion from the "I'm taking requests!" blog. Her actual suggestion was: "You should blog on looking/dressing/feeling like a professional woman. You're from a small farm town, probably were in FFA, and now you've got to wear suits. Does it change the way you see yourself?"

I tell you.....I feel every morning like I'm playing dress up. It still makes me laugh that I put on my "lawyer clothes" and go to work. This became even more clear to me when I had essentially no pictures of me in a suit to include on the blog! I don't see myself as being a professional woman....and I would be way more comfortable wearing that FFA jacket and boots to work every day!
This leads me to a related issue. I think that Reese Witherspoon put it best in Sweet Home Alabama. She and Jake were in the coon dog cemetery. She said, "I love my life in New York Jake, but I come down here, and this fits too." I feel exactly like that! Like there are different parts to my life....and maybe more than just two....all of which are great, but that really don't fit together. I think that trying to find the happy medium is how I'll find what really makes me really happy.
Still have room for a couple more suggestions.....let me know what you want to hear about!





1 comment:
Haha, so I was right about FFA? Love it.
Post a Comment