Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Dr. Phil cousin says....

"To dream anything that you want to dream. That's the beuaty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed." ~Bernard Edmonds

So this weekend I got to go to Houston and visit my cousin Kevin. He's the one next to me in the blue jacket. He's one of my favorite people.....don't anyone tell him I say nice things, the last thing he needs is a bigger head! Anyway, we had some good chats this weekend, and he decided to impart some old person knowledge to me. He kept referring to himself as Doctor Phil, so I decided to stick with that for the blog title. He'll be impressed. He was insistant that he was far deeper and philosophical than I thought. I totally didn't buy it.
Anyway, part of his analysis really sort of hit me between the eyes. I figured I'd share. Maybe some of you can relate.


So we had been having a conversation about life and what we want and all of that jazz.... Anyway, on the second day of my visit, I was yapping about wanting to eventually live in a small, quiet town and have a few sheep and cattle. He looks at me and says, "Tiff, you have no idea what you want. You've been here 2 days and have talked about 5 different lives you want to be living. It's a good thing you're not married, because you don't have a clue where you want to go."




As much as I hate to admit it, he's totally right. I don't know what I want----one day I want to go down one road, then the next day, I'm thinking I want head down a completely different one. I dont' think this is a bad thing at all.....I think it's a sign of me being a person who is generlly happy in situations and knows I could be happy in several different places. Also, maybe that's why I'm not married. If my cousin can figure this out about me, I'm pretty sure God knows I am a big confused ball of dreams and maybe that's why my Mr. Right is lost somewhere in a forest. He's wondering around waiting for me to get my head on straight.

Crazy to think I get all this from a cousin trying to prove to me he could be deep and serious. Who would have thought?

No comments: