Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where do they go??

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." ~ Galileo

Pencils. Highlighters. One sock. Glasses.



These things in my life seem to mysteriously disappear, like a lot, and I just don't understand where they go. Please notice my annoyed face in the picture.

I mean really---how does a sock go into the washer (and I know it does or else it would randomly be in my laundry basket or on the floor) and not come out? Huh? And you never lose a pair---like I have three single socks I have lost a match to. Why don't I lose a pair that matches? I wouldn't even notice. But no. Never happens.


And how is it I can go through like 10 pens a week at work? I know they stay in my office, but are they on my desk in the little holder where they are supposed to be at the end of the day? No!

Now some things I lose frequently and find. And anyone who has ever lived with me, or even been at my house in a morning knows that I frequently engage everyone present in "Tiffany's Lost Item of the Day." Usually it's glasses. Those suckers seriously move around when I'm not looking at night! Sometimes the object of the game is the remote control. Sometimes my keys (although I have a hook now that helps). Once, in college, I lost my glasses for like 3 weeks. I found them...in my shoe.



I know this wasn't very philisophical or meaningful, but I was just really annoyed at this today and figured, why not blog about it? That's what it's for, right? So, now I'm off to go match up socks. Cross your fingers they are all there...

1 comment:

crystal.cattle said...

I know how you feel, and always when I go out replace the item that is lost, is when it shows up again. Tricky little objects aren't they.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com