Monday, October 26, 2009

Garth Loves OSU Too!

"You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..." ~Tom Petty


Garth Brooks was recently a Homecoming Marshall at OSU. He was inducted into the OSU Alumni Hall of Fame. He gave a wonderful interview about why he loves Oklahoma State and how he wants to give back.




I am sure some of you (okay....most of you) get sick of me talking and blogging about Oklahoma State. But let me explain---when you have such great experiences somewhere, you cannot help but want to tell everyone about it. If you were going to make a movie about what college should be like, that would have been my three years. I just feel like everyone should be as lucky as I was to have this experience.

While I was in college I learned so much more than the material to pass an ag econ test. I learned who I was, how to be on my own, where I wanted to go, what real friends were. I learned to sing the alma matter, learned to wear orange on Friday, never to take a 7:30 class, and that free pancakes at midnight for a week are not good for the waistline! I learned what it was like to make my own decisions, how it felt to succeed at something I never thought possible, that I could meet and become friends with a huge variety of people, and what it meant to be proud to be part of a school. I could go on and on.

I know that OSU is not the only place to have a great experience....but I think it's the best place! Garth apparently agrees. I knew I liked that guy! :)

No comments: