Friday, August 1, 2014

Advice for the Single Ladies (Part 1): The Intro

"Keep your heels, head, and standards high!" ~Lola Stark

Blonde Oklahoma Girl and I were single for a LONG time.  L-O-N-G.  We were the perpetual third wheel.  We have closets full of bridesmaid dresses.  Took crap from people who thought it was somehow okay to ask if we were ever going to find someone.  Wondered the same thing ourselves most of the time.  Put up with guys who didn't deserve us.  So we know what it's like to be a single twenty-something.  We spent our time in the trenches taking grenades.


Always the bridesmaids.  We even have the shirts to prove it.

And part of that is listening to advice from people who really do mean well, but have no clue what they are talking about.  You know....."Stop looking at you will find it."  "Quit being so picky."  "These days online dating is the only way to meet someone."  "Your eggs are dying."  Yep.  That was said.

And although we are thrilled that our single days are numbered (she is getting married at the end of August and I am getting married at the end of October), we feel for the single ladies out there.  So, in light of that, we've decided to do a little blog series offering our real life, in the field, been-there-done-that advice for single twenty-somethings in a multi-part blog series over the next couple of weeks.  First piece of advice will be revealed on Monday. 

And we're pretty clever, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so excited about this series! You are definitely two clever women so I'm ready to be entertained. Bring it!
Mrs. Arizona

Brianne said...

Haha OMG the eggs dying. It's not funny cause it's rude but it is because that stuff doesn't really bother me because it'll happen when it happens...but my students told me on my 24th, TWENTY-FOUR!, birthday that I better hurry up because my eggs are dying.

I'm excited for this series.

Green Girl said...

Let me know if you need a guest blogger! I'm getting married at 36 and had my daughter at 35...trust me...I heard it ALL too lol

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

patiently waiting for this series! :)

Micah said...

As someone who has heard all those comments (and many more!) about my seemingly perpetual singlehood, I am anxious to read this series.